1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what brand dvd-r's d u get and where can i get them cheaper?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bulls4591, Jan 20, 2004.

1. bulls4591

bulls4591 Member

im new at all this dvd burning stuff so where can i get them for cheap and which brand do you think is the best?

2. alphonse5

alphonse5 Member

I am pretty new to this too. I first used some memorex that I got in a store and those were just okay. However after reading a lot of posts I got 100 Riteks from www.supermediastore.com for $92. It seems to be the lowest price around and so far I have backed up 20 games and 5 DVDs without any bad burns. I highly recommend them.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2004
  3. vairox

vairox Regular member

i have a sony DWU-14a flashed to a DRU-510a and the only media I have tried is Fujifilm dvd-r discs, they were $34 for 25 of them, pretty damn expensive but so far they have been great... in alcohol it says the disc manufacturer is ritek0G3 or something like that so if i can find some ritek dvd-rs for cheaper ill try those

4. bulls4591

bulls4591 Member

maybe i shuld just get them of ebay...hmmmm

5. vairox

vairox Regular member

whatever you do dont order from outpost.com (frys electronics) i ordered a 100 pack spindle of cd-rs from them and 3 cd holders and they put the padding on TOP of everything and the bottom with nothing, apparently either they or airborne express dropped the box several times cause when i opened it, the label was busted off (plastic shrink label), the top screw on cover was cracked and off and the cd's were flating around in the box... needless to say over half of the cd's had scratches on them from bouncing around and had to be tossed out, i would have sent them back but it would have been another 2 weeks to get anything back from them as airborne express doesnt know how to knock on a persons door.

6. MrToast

MrToast Guest

well, I dont know about you blokes but I got mine at office max when they were buy one get one free. The Memorex 4X DVD-R were 50.00 for a 25 pak but then you got one free, I bought 6! Thats about a buck for some great media. I have burned almost 200 of them with zero problems. I also took some of the unopened ones to office depot and traded them in when they had buy one get one free... so in the end I paid .50 a piece.
    Best that!!!!

7. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

Yeah well the president of Verbatim sent his secretary over to my house with a 100 spindle of DVD-R, then she blew me, made me supper and left.

Booyaaa

8. alphonse5

alphonse5 Member

"Yeah well the president of Verbatim sent his secretary over to my house with a 100 spindle of DVD-R, then she blew me, made me supper and left. "

haha... But seriously, try the Riteks or get some Verbatims. Verbatim media is expensive but it is the best. I have used the Memorex before and they are ok but they do not compare to the Riteks. 92 cents each is pretty good too. BEST THAT!!!!!!!!!!!! no, im just kidding, but if you want just pick up a spindle of 25 or something to see what you think.

9. gotekix

gotekix Guest

I use Ritek G04s and got 1 bad burn out of 25 so far. Got a pack of 50 from www.newegg.com for 54 dollars, pretty decent price if you ask me. BTW, they are the DVD-R version (as opposed to +R).

10. pstoo

pstoo Member

50 pk Memorex 4x dvd-r $60 w/free shipping @ www.buy.com

Also saw the 25 pk for $30 somewhere else. Amazon?

Best buy had them for $50 but were sold out. No problems with any Memorex so far using Apple Superdrive (Sony 4x DVD-RW) and Roxio Toast 6.03.

11. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

yeah well...i found a 50 spindle of solid gold TDK for $3 !!!

12. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

Sorry fellas, my bad!!!

I was 2.95, not 3

13. pstoo

pstoo Member

Wow! $3 for 50. Boy howdy, that's a great deal. What is the name of the store so we can save some real money next time. That is really a super deal. Let us know where you bought them, partner.

14. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

brad stop it!! heres my advice go to the mall and ask there!!.... lol last time i checked a box of 25 dvd-r(pionner)cost $20 lol... then i ask my gf to get some TDK n she got them from uk $20 for every 35 dvd-rs ^_^...

15. Velesco

Velesco Member

I use the compusa ones. at about a dollar a piece theyre great and I havent had any bad burns.

16. gokuson

gokuson Member

www.yesbuy.net ... i get the generic 50 disk's 4x for 31.50... shipping and handling is free on any order over 25 pc.... I have Never had a mess on so far wit these cd's and my pioneer A06 combo... backup dvd's and ps2 games. Close to 80 dvd's sucessfully burned!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2004