1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What brand is better

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by pcbears, Jul 19, 2007.

1. pcbears

pcbears Member

What brand of blank DVD's is better: Memorex or Maxell? Or are they both lower quality?

2. pcbears

pcbears Member

also another one is how is sony??? I can get a 25 pack of dvd-r for 6.99. I have a 50 pack of dynex dvd-r and they skip really bad at about 30 min. into the movie and everyone is telling me to get better blank media and I'm just seeing which one is the best.

3. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

the Maxell is better than memorex. whats important is what they code out as since different manufactures make alot of the brands so run them though DVD Identifier to see what they really are. you want to stay away from the brands that code out as CMC Mag for the most part which will be memorex,TDK,dynex etc.

Stick with theses brands in order for quality

1. Taiyo Yuden, note (Sony or Fujifilm 8x that are "Made In Japan" will code out as Taiyo Yuden)
    2. Verbatim

remember your burn speed is important to burn at 8x max 6x or 4x if your having problems. also make sure your firmware on your drive/burner is up to date check here

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php

burn on a clean machine (doing a disc cleanup and defragging often at least once a week) without other programs running while you are burning helps too

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2007
  4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

thread teleported to relevant forum