1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHAT BRAND OF BLANK DVD R'S DO YOU GUYS SUGGEST FOR PS2 BACKUPPING

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by SPIKISH, Oct 20, 2004.

1. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

hey guys, whats realllly goooodd!!

anyways, i was wondering what brand name for blank DVD R'S is out there that is really recommended to burn/backup PS2 games and DVD movies. I should hopefully be recieving a dvd burner along with the PS2 fliptop in these following weeks and i wanna get started with this crap, im tired of reading and reading (forums), i just wanna DO IT, DO IT! could you guys help me out.

Um, i heard theres blank dvd r's that are blue on the bottom (just like the original ps2 games) are those significant for backing up ps2 games correctly......

COOL , IM OUT GUYS,
    GOOD GAME BI%$CHES

2. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

OK guys cool your horses, ive read around and it seems people like riteks here, i just wanna know if someone has a different approach with dvd media other than riteks thats all,

I was seeing people get bashed for asking questions that were already answered in the archives, thats why im explaining myself to get opinions from people who have other experiences with dvd r's other than ritek..............

whewwwww (wipes sweat)

**i like getting burned anyways ;), works the blood**

3. Djlai78

Djlai78 Member

I use Riteks dvd-r 4x with a liteon burner

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

if you don't want to use ritek g04 dvd-r then would suggest you consider verbitam datalife plus or tdk

5. flipflops

flipflops Member

i would tend to go for ritek,they seem to be the most sucsessful for backups

6. convolute

convolute Regular member

I've typically used Princo disks, and although they're not exactly popular, they seem to work the best for me. I suggest once you find a brand that works, stick with it. I tried ritek g04 and I've only had problems with them, but then I am one of the very few with ritek issues possibly stemming from incompatibility issues with my dvd burner.

7. Astrotoy7

Astrotoy7 Regular member

he he he. I dont know what the big deal is with Ritek. I use tdk.
    http://www.tdk-europe.com/index.php?id=34&WYSESSID=nu3ctvbjciu43ltmpa0v1svu60

They are perhaps more expensive?? (I get mine for $2 each now!) and harder to come by, but theyre freakin excelent. vey stable, very reliable. Never had a coaster due to a bad disc... whereas with ritek..... not so lucky. few duds her eand there :(

I also use them for movie backups and dvd authoring. The only other brand I really like are verbatim, whose reputation for stability is beyond doubt :D

8. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

Cool Cool, thanx alot guys, i guess ima start using either the TdK's or the Verbatim Datalifes, if i get any problems, ima kill everysingle one of yall lol Just Kidding , for real thankx for the advice guys..
    Ill holla once my bum ass starts actually using some blank dvd's ( >>>>DVD WRITING BACKUPPING VIRGIN<<<<)
    hopefully i pop that cherry soon and enter my corrupted minded world only i would dwell lovely inside =)

One

9. rowdan

rowdan Member

Hey a friend of mine gave me a kewl website that sells cd's and dvd's though i have not actually looked at the site myself to much my friend said they have free shipping and have a good selection.

http://compcdr.com

from what iv seen they have realy good prices but i have not lookd for spacific brand names yet

~~~~

OK just some examples of prices i found there.....

RITEK "1x" DVD-R (25pcs)
    Regular price: $50.00
    Sale price: $15.75

RITEK "1x" DVD-R (1000pcs)
    Regular price: $1,650.00
    Sale price: $480.00

Just thought it might help in keeping the cost down! :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Rowdan
    PS2 V4, PnP Key No Solder Mod-Chip
    HDLoader, Memcard Exploit, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2004
  10. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

hey thanx alot everyone, really cool forum =)