1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What can I do to stop this freezing?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by AmuletOfNight, May 22, 2014.

1. AmuletOfNight

AmuletOfNight Newbie

My Xbox 360 locks up no matter what I do. I can be sitting idly on the dashboard and then all of a sudden the video will freeze and audio will stop. I've tried clearing the cache. I just revived this thing from the RROD with a reflow, and it did it before the RROD too. It freezes within 5 minutes of gaming and 15 minutes of being on the dashboard. The fans never run any faster to indicate an overheat, but still it does this. I've applied thermal paste CORRECTLY. It runs very cool. I just don't know why it freezes..where do I look?

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

check the hard drive.
    RROD = overheating so that would be obvious issue but if not then graphics card,hard drive or other components.

3. richietea

richietea Regular member

How did you do a reflow? If you used a heatgun then you may have hit a capacitor,warped the mobo,have a cracked solder point.Reflows are not great at the best of times and will not last unless you have used a proper heat station,temp probes and thermal gear.If you just relowed certain areas of the mobo you may have missed the HANA chip.Google the location.