1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What causes 2 disk movies to have pixilation on the 2nd disk?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ruth1968, Apr 10, 2003.

1. ruth1968

ruth1968 Member

I've backed up 75 movies so far using DVD Decryptor, ifoedit 95, and nero on my pioneer 105 burner and the only problem I seem to have is when a movie is too big to fit on 1 DVD and I split it in 2. Either on the 1st disk or the 2nd will have lots of pixilation (blockiness) towards the end. It's not this way on every 2 disk movie, just on a few.

Is there a problem with my DVD Rom that reads the original (which is completely separate from my pioneer burner)? Does it read it too fast?

When I put the same original in my pioneer drive and decrypt it to my hard drive, I seem to have no problems. But it reads at a MUCH slower rate compared to the other drive (which is a generic that came with my pc).

Is it a problem with my disks? I use ACCU disks that run at 2x speed, and I've never had any problems with them, with this one exception.

Is it a problem with DVD Decryptor?
    Is is a problem with Nero (newest version with all the updates)? I usually wait to burn the 2nd disk 10 mintues after the 1st so the burner can cool down a little.

Does anyone have any answers/suggestions?

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

DVD-5

SMARTRIPPER (to rip to HDD)
    FILE button and select ALL,next select destination folder then START.
    Will take 10-30mins approximately.

NERO Drag all .BUP .VOB . IFO to VIDEO_TS Folder & burn !

DVD-9

SMARTRIPPER This time under the FILE button just take the .VOB's that are selected [little monitor icons] and then tick the box that is 2 above the selected boxes & START.

DVD2One v1.11 Movie-Only , select folder where you put Smartripper files and choose a 2nd destination folder where you want finished DVD2One files put.
    Set size to 4272
    Select AC3 6CH (audio),ENGLISH Subs (or other),Angle 1...and start !!!

NERO As Usual

P.S. I always close Nero & reopen it to continue burning.

3. herbsman

1 disc solution

Only DVD I have on 2 DVD-R's is LOTR (Fellowship of the Ring - Extended Edition).

4. ruth1968

ruth1968 Member

Okay. So none of these answer my questions. I have severl 2 disk movies (The Tuxedo, K-19:The Widowmaker, A Fistful of Dollars, Salem's Lot, Journey To the Center of the Earth, Bad Company, Death To Smoochy, Blood Work, Exorcist 2, Eye See You, The Bourne Identity, You Only Live Twice, The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly, The Great Race, Road To Perdition, Ice Age, Minority Report, Insomnia, High Crimes, Signs). Please refer to my actual questions above and see if anyone has any answers.

Or is there any way to slow down the read rate of my generic DVD Rom?

5. herbsman

[bold]I've backed up 75 movies so far using DVD Decryptor, ifoedit 95, and nero on my pioneer 105 burner and the only problem I seem to have is when a movie is too big to fit on 1 DVD and I split it in 2. Either on the 1st disk or the 2nd will have lots of pixilation (blockiness) towards the end. It's not this way on every 2 disk movie, just on a few.
    [/bold]

All I was really suggesting is that 2 disk is perhaps not the way to go in future.

[bold]Is there a problem with my DVD Rom that reads the original (which is completely separate from my pioneer burner)? Does it read it too fast?[/bold]
    I very much doubt that is the problem.
    DVD-R/RW Drive will rip much slower than most new DVD-Rom Drives.

[bold]Is it a problem with my disks? I use ACCU disks that run at 2x speed, and I've never had any problems with them, with this one exception.[/bold]
    It can always be a blank media problem (especially if CHEAP)

[bold]Is it a problem with DVD Decryptor?
    [/bold]
    Couldn't tell you because I only really use Smartripper.

I hope this has answered your ORIGINAL question(s).

Last edited: Apr 11, 2003
  6. herbsman

I have THE BOURNE IDENTITY,SIGNS & MINORITY REPORT all on single DVD-R's.
    No pixelation
    No need to get up half way through

I did need to burn @ X1 (because of the length of the films) even though I have X2 discs & capable burner (Pioneer 104)

Media: Traxdata X2 (w/ fw 1.31) , Bulkpaq X1 [purple top] , Datawrite Classic X2 (the best medium priced DVD-R I've ever bought)

7. negrinis

negrinis Guest

Dear Herbsman,
    how can you have "Minority Report" on a single DVD-R disk? It is more than 7 GByte!
    Bye

8. herbsman

[bold]negrinis: [/bold]

By using DVD2One which compresses after extracting menu & extras (which incl. subtitles & extra audio not needed)

7Gb disc with just the movie .VOB's extracted will probably be not much over 5Gb (if that)

Don't take my word for it , try it yourself
    : )-

Last edited: Apr 15, 2003
  9. shooter

shooter Member

ruth1968,
    I had the same problem for a long time. I found it to be caused by using Nero. The problem stopped when I stopped using that. Good luck to you.
    Shooter==>>

10. herbsman

Shooter:

What did you use...that'd be more help ?