1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What chip is best for all versions of Ps2 Slim?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by anthony99, Apr 25, 2007.

1. anthony99

anthony99 Member

Hey guys I think I have a version 16 ps2. I am not 100% sure but I have a very new ps2 silver slim line and it could be a version 16. I haven't opened it up yet although I would not want to take any chances and get a modchip that is not compatible with my version.
    So here is my question

What chip is most recommended at the moment (what i mean is what chip(s) currently support all versions of the ps2)

What chip has the best success rate (i hear either matrix infinity or DMS [but i dont know what version of the dms is the best because there are a few...the lite the pro])

and finally are there any trusted sites (because the sponsor site does not have either of the 2 chips) that someone can recommend for me to buy one.

I tried gocybershop and they do not have the matrix infinity greendot in stock and they do not carry the dms pro se chip. (or the lite i think)

thanks in advance for your help guys!

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

3. anthony99

anthony99 Member

any ideas on my other 2 questions?

4. steimy

steimy Active member

the site listed above is where i would go.
    The top 3 chips right now are
    Crystal Chip V2.0
    Matrix Infinity Green Dot
    DMS4 Pri SE

Best success rate would most likely go to the first two i mentioned. DMS4 Pro SE is a great chip but some people have reported some issues. I have two of them and have never had a problem, but that is just me. The guys at Teammodders will be able to answer any questios you have. Just make sure you know what you want out of your PS2 before you choose.

Like the Crystal Chip is best for people who play online as it auto patches the back ups. It also has adition apps you can download like media players and hard drive programs.

The DMS4 Pro SE has built in cheat device (like an AR Max but without the disc), Built in program to run a hard drive, A built in loader for ELF files (homebrew application, like SMS media player), And can also play DVD9 (dual layer) back ups with no need to p[atch them.

5. anthony99

anthony99 Member

any advantages to the greendot?

like can it play homebrew applications?

6. anthony99

anthony99 Member

how come the dms pro se says it is compatible only until version 14?
    im actually curious to know why many of the current chips that claim to be v16 compatible do not actually say they are compatible with version 16