1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what chip to get and what do these do?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by montey56, Mar 5, 2005.

1. montey56

montey56 Member

I am thinking of getting either a xecutor 3 or xenium ice chip for my xbox, but i am just wondering on anyones thoughts on either one.
    Also what exactly does the xecutor lcd and button things actually do, i've searched and found nothing.

My main questions on these chips are will they allow me to hook my xbox up directly to a pc and download music and movies on it to the xbox hard drive, when i get that modded aswell?

2. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

AFter you install the modchip, you need to load a BIOS that will boot alternative dashboard. Then, you need to install the alternative dashboard and other software to a larger hdd so that the xbox can do what you want it to do. I am using xbox media center to play mp3, pictures, and recorded video on TV. With evoxdash, you can use FTP to transfer files from PC to xbox back and forth.

3. philipman

philipman Regular member

I am about to install a xbit modchip, is this modchip easy to install because I don't want to miss up the xbox. Also for bios, can you put any bios you want on it. Also what is beter evox or avalanch dashbord.

4. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

first, you have to make sure the version of your xbox. IF you have a v1.6 or 1.6b, you need to use a BIOS specific designated for it. Other versions of xbox will work with any of the later/latest BIOS without any problem. XBIT supports multiple BIOSes, so you can flash different BIOSes into different banks and use the switch to select which one to boot from. Evox or Avalauch are both very good. I have both.

5. montey56

montey56 Member

but still what chip would people recommend, and what does the lcd and buttons do?
    THANX

6. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

LCD is useful as an addition to your TV display. to show you the status of certain modchip, if the modchip supports it. Most useful part of the LCD, to me, is the XBMC, you can operate xbmc without turn on your TV. it makes sense when you play MP3 from your xbox.

Button is for the control of modchip only. specific to the chip of your choice. If the modchip uses external switch/control, the button allows you select which BIOS to boot from, enable or disable the modchip, enable/disable the write protect of modchip, enable or disable the use of external LED, etc...

7. montey56

montey56 Member

Ahh, i c i c.
    thanx for that, i get what the point of em are now.

8. spyman

spyman Regular member

I swear by the xenium ice, best 4th gen for advanced and new users, one of the least confusing chips out there.

I sell and mod the x3, xi and smartxx, but xenium ice is truly my favourite one. My customers love it too :)

http://www.cellexmods.com/support.htm , check out the manual for more information on the xenium ice.

9. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

I would say the Xenium Ice,X3, and Smartxx are the best chips. The Xenium is the less confusing of the 3 by far...in my opinion. The thing I enjoy the most about the Xenium is the software controlled bios banks to flash the chip, Web OS Interface, and the recovery switch. I could go on and on about it's features but those are just a few that I like. The X3 and Smartxx are equally as impresive!! You can't go wrong with any of these 3 choices......it's a matter of choice and how far you want to go with it. I am glad they finally worked the bugs out of the X3 bios's though!!! The new Bios are awesome...might make my tenth mod an X3..