1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What chip to go with?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by DavGerm4, Apr 25, 2007.

1. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Okay, I've been keeping up with the Chips when they were first coming out, but then I was away for 2 months, and just got back! I see how there are all these different kinds of chips out now! In your guys' own opinions, what chip should I go with! The main one I was looking at was the Cyclowiz, but now it seems that everyone is talking about the Wiikey! If I was to go with one of those, which one would you guys prefer! Thanks

2. Syko360

Syko360 Member

I am installing a Wiikey today. The main reason I feel it is better is due to its upgradability via DVD.

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

WiiD has no Technical Support buy a Wiikey or Cyclowiz!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  4. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Alright, so is the Cyclowiz not one to go with? I'm looking into the Wiikey right now, and I'm looking at the website you gave me! Thanks! All I really want is an easy one to Solder in (because I'm not the best at Soldering), and can play backed up games! Thanks again!!!

I saw the website you gave on the WiiD, and I don't like how you have to solder in Wires! I've done modchips with Wires before, and they didn't end up well... I like how the WiiKey has the Quicksolder Solution! Also, can't the Cyclowiz update via DVD?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

6. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

modded several wii's. I'm a big fan of the wiikey

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

8. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Alright, well thanks for all of the help you guys! I think I may go with the WiiKey as of Now! That is true about the WiiD just coming into the Scene, because I haven't heard much about it! But ya, if I need anymore help along the way I'll just come back here! I don't have the money right now to buy the chip (I think it was because of the PS3 I bought last week)... but ya, thanks again!!!

9. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

It's a WiiD for me! Great chip.

10. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Okay, besides the thing with the BAD flash thing the WiiD can do, is there anything else it can do! Thanks for the Quicksolder solution for it, it changed my mind now, if I want that or the Wiikey! on the WiiD, the connections seem to be spread apart more than the Wiikey, and I like that! What modchip place do you guys recommend to go to, to get the chip?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  11. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Sorry for the double post, but I saw this under the "Features" at WiiD Website, and was wondering what it meant:

Where it says in the "partially without swapping", what does that mean? Does that mean that I have to do a Swapping method to play games?

12. larrylje

larrylje Active member

13. teeka144

teeka144 Member

I'm pretty new to the modding scene...only one I've done was the swapmagic on ps2. I think I understand about the different chips, but are they easy to solder and/or install? It appears that way but i just want to make sure before I bust my new $250 toy open. Thanks to everyone that helps here. WiiD is the best right now?? Let me know plz and thx!!!!

14. larrylje

larrylje Active member

15. teeka144

teeka144 Member

ok thx with that link very much appreciated....is the triwing tool available anywhere or can i get a link if u have it..thx again for the site :D

16. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I just ordered mine off of ebay, and it only cost me like 6 bucks! Though, that was a few days ago, and the guy hasn't sent it yet (I don't think)...

17. teeka144

teeka144 Member

ok thx I'll check there and do it...probably easiest way to go about anything nowadays. All i wish to do is play Wii backups, not really anything else so this should be pretty easy as long as i dont mess up the apparently easy installation. I like the options for firmware and resetting of the WiiD and it looks easy enough Guess I'll give it a go and keep checking this very helpful forum!!! THX to all who helped :D

18. ninjapath

ninjapath Regular member

what the hell are you guys talking about? every latest modchip can be upgradeable using dvd. Here to name a few, wiinja deluxe, wiikey, cyclowiz, wiid. All of these chip can upgradeable using dvd. I don't know about other modchip, but as far as i know the wiinja deluxe, wiikey, and wiid can go to recovery mode if you did a bad flashed. The wiid maybe a new modchip in the market but it didn't mentioned anything aboue read improved method like that of the wiikey and wiinja deluxe.

19. larrylje

larrylje Active member

20. ghostboy6

ghostboy6 Regular member

no one can really say which modchip would be the best cuz every modchip changes overtime and there could also be new ones coming out in the future that could be better than the modchips present. its just like the saying "there is always someone better than you"