1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Constitutes a Live ban?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by thekingo7, Feb 22, 2008.

1. thekingo7

thekingo7 Regular member

I hate to be one of "these guys" but what can currently get me permanently banned, I need the most up to date info, which is why I am not searching the forums for this, I need all the rules, not bits and chunks or hearsay.

For reference I have a Benq flashed with the iextreme 1.4 fw, and I would like to be able to play backups but I don't trust anything M$ has had a hand in farther than I can throw.

2. MrXbox90

MrXbox90 Guest

If you play backups online on a modded console (or sometimes originals on a modded console), you'll get banned, just a matter of time. I do it, take the chance, but know one day I'll get banned.

3. thekingo7

thekingo7 Regular member

So even original games on a modded console will always earn a ban?

4. db5304

db5304 Regular member

I've been searching around for answers to this question myself, but have not heard of anyone that used only original games on custom firmware, and got banned. Not saying its not possible, but i have heard of people getting banned while playing original games, who had in the past played back ups. I'm not positive but from what i've read so far it seems that the only people so far to be banned w/ 1.4 are those who have had an older version of ixtreme previously. But like i said i'm not posotive about this, i have just recently modded someones 360 w/ 1.4 and am waiting to hear from him about how online is going for him.

5. monteca

monteca Regular member

if you are going to only play retail games why mod in the first place?

6. b1grich

b1grich Regular member

well, if you have a modded console doesn't mean you wouldn't play games that you bought

7. monteca

monteca Regular member

he was talking about playing exclusively retail games...NO BACKUPS AT ALL...so if thats the case dont mod the console

8. thekingo7

thekingo7 Regular member

Wow thanks for putting words completely in my mouth, you know if you had taken the 30+ seconds to read the entire thread, you would've gleaned from that information that I had already modded my 360, I would like to play both backups and originals, and that this thread wasnt titled
    "I'm not sure if I should mod my xbox."
    And I still haven't really gotten a direct answer to my question of "can I play originals with a hacked firmware?"

9. sp7ke

sp7ke Guest

Ok there has been alot of speculation about this.Just to say my console was not banned the last three to four times. And I believe if i was flagged i would've done been banned by now.
    There were also people that claimed they had not modified their consoles and they got banned.

There was discussion on how a dying laser could possibly trigger a ban, as it was reading and sending back bad data.

Also I use a kreon drive to make my backups, I dont download them. I believe when people download them they are at a greater risk. If you use a kreon drive use a program called "kreon checker". It was found that the kreon drives will produce a bad backup randomly which kreon checker will tell you whether it was a good or bad dump.

My console has only had the old Xtreme5.3 and later then upgraded to iX 1.0. I have not bothered going to iX 1.4 yet.

My suggestion is to make sure your backup's are good.

10. monteca

monteca Regular member

i wasnt talking aboutany of your posts i was commenting on the post above my original post where db5304 was talking about people being banned only playing retail games