1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What could be the problem????

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by Specops70, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Specops70

Specops70 Regular member

I bought this DVD recorder at best buy. Its an LG DR1F9H. Now when i go to press record while watching TV it says: "Copy Protected, Cannot Record". It says that for every channel.

What the hell is all that about?? I have Dish Network. What is the use of having a dvd recorder if i cannot even record. What can be done to bypass this obstacle??

Thanks.

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

There must be some way around this. I have seen ads from the various satellite companies hawking their DVR equipment. Only an additional $4.99 per month for each device to record one channel at one time. Need 2 to record 2 shows at once, only $9.98 per month extra. Etc.

Yeah. I hate satellite. I have several tape units because on some nights there are 2 or 3 shows on at the same time. Tape em all on old style cable at the same time, watch, and reuse tape again. It's so easy.

But, seriously. Have you tried using a VCR to tape the show and then dub to disk?

3. Specops70

Specops70 Regular member

i cannot pay extra to do that.....they said its not available. Now how can i get around the copy protection????

I dont own a vcr anymore and don't want to buy one.

4. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

That's the part I don't know at this point. I have avoided both digital TV and satellite because of the decoder box issue(s). The box would basically negate my ability to tape multiple shows at the same time; which I currently find useful.

Maybe some one else can help (and I plan to observe to see the answer).

Good luck.

5. Specops70

Specops70 Regular member

I really don't need to record 2 or 3 shows at the same time. I just need to know why it does not let me record anything in the satellite guide???

Wht is the problem??

6. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

Copy Protection - [CP]????

7. jda37219

jda37219 Member

what does your satellite company say. Hard to believe each channel is copy protected.

8. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

I didn’t say every show is CP Protected
    I find it hard to believe that when the original post mentioned all channels it really meant that, but rather selected programs.
    If I mistook this, I stand corrected and the system must be hooked up wrong

The goal of the media Company’s is to Protect the material on the disks. The Goal of Satellite, Cable, Etc. companies is to see that you have to use their equip and service to view specific programs.
    With everyone attaching some form of CP, the end user is the victim
    It will get worse

9. Specops70

Specops70 Regular member

Now I do have a dish network DVR box. Now what do u mean by hooked up wrong??

what can i do to get around the copy protection??

Advice needed.

10. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

Specops70

I didn’t say you had it hooked up wrong. - I was just responding to another post

Lets start over
    When you say
    “Now when i go to press record while watching TV it says: "Copy Protected, Cannot Record". It says that for every channel.”

Do you mean EVERY Channel, EVERY Program or just some, like specials or movies? Does the DVR record any [to its HDD or disk] when the LG will not

It sounds from your post that the LG Is getting the signal but will not record because of [my opinion] CP.
    My previous posts would indicate this and that you are running into CP. If so there is not much you can do, in getting around itxcept record on the Dish DVR, If it does

How is the system connected?

IT is possible that the LG is defective and is seeing CP when there is none, You might take it back and have it checked

11. Specops70

Specops70 Regular member

ok i have it hooked up directly from the out to tv behind the dvr and into the lg recorder and then out to the LCD.

Now i did read somewhere here that you could hook it up a different way with RCA's and it would bypass the Copy Protection.

Any ideas on this........anyone????

There has to be a way around....there is always a way around stuff.

Thanks.