1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What dbox should i go for?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by macca166, Apr 26, 2007.

1. macca166

macca166 Member

i have read a little and know that i only want a dbox 2, im in Lancashire, England so not sure if that makes any difference to things or what box i should get.

I have seen a few on eBay and with eeing so many people buying the wrong stuff i just dont want to get stuffed.

I just want to plug it in and play without any manual updates needed if that is at all possible?

can anyone help?

Thanks, Rob

2. LEEKOP

LEEKOP Regular member

WHY A DBOX ?
    a little confused here , you say you have read up on the forums , then say you want a box thats just plug and play (which tells me u just want tv viewing), and a box with no hassle ,
    one look on this forum and i think every thread barring a couple are from people who cant get their dbox working , or cant understand it .
    so what have you rad that points you to a dbox?
    im not slating the dbox far from it , but from what i can gather then if its just a simple plug and play box then why not a starview , or iv just replaced my starview with a digivox and find them a good box for basic tv etc .
    any how your choice mate and i hope you get sorted
    CHEERS

3. macca166

macca166 Member

I have never heard of a starbox or digivox so not sure what the difference is or how they compare to a DBox 2?

Am i wrong in thinking that once the DBox is set up, its just a plug and play box?

You are correct in the fact that i just want to watch tv but if the DBox 2 is better quality or has superior outputs for better quality then im prepared to learn and put up with the hassles of maintaining one.

If someone could push me into the right direction i would be greatful.

Many thanks

4. macca166

macca166 Member

Had more of a browse now since i first joined, if i was to choose a DBox2 what would features would i gain over a Digivox?

I like the Digivox because i could have it on show and it wouldnt look out of place or old. But if a DBox2 is better technically then it wouldnt bother me.

any help would be appreciated, thanks

5. dc69

dc69 Regular member

the dbox user interface and epg is second to none,mine is set into the same catagories as sky digital and its class,really fast unlike the usual shit boxes nthell give you,the other boxes user interface and epg date and speed are probly not as good,but the dbox is not easy to fix if it goes tits up and you would want to be fairly computer savvy,if your not dont get one