1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do do I need to burn ps2 games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by yankees05, Dec 3, 2004.

1. yankees05

yankees05 Guest

I have a dvd rom burner what do I need to make back ups that will work on my ps2?

2. teggy

teggy Regular member

You should search on these things but i'l tell you anyway.

First off, you need either a Modded PS2 or a method for swapping backups; ie swap magic and fliptop. Then you need DVD Decrypter to make and burn your backups. And of course good quality blank media, Ritek GO4, Verbatim are highly recommended. I myself use TDK TTGO2 which is good also.
    Also if your PS2 is v1-6 then you might want to get -R's as only v7+ have success reading +R. V1-6 may read it, but not all v1-6 machines do.

3. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

The following the easiest way to back up and play PS2 games.
    1) DVD Decrypter - to extract and to burn DVD games. Also use this program to burn DVDLoader v7
    2) Alcohol 120% or Nero 6 - to extract and to burn CD games. ALso use these programs to burn DiscID Utility, CD Loader v7, or CDLoader v6
    3) Swap Magic DVD v2.0
    4) Swap Magic CD v3.2
    5) Slide Tool
    3) Go buy Ridata Ritek go4 DVD-R as your media to burn. Now unless this media brand don't work, I will not recommend you to choose another different brand.
    Summary, these are the SOFTWARE you need to have
    1) DVD Decrypter
    2) ALcohol 120% or Nero 6
    3) DiscID Utility
    4) Image Patcher 6
    5) DvdLoader 7
    6) CDLoader 6 or 7 (depend on the model of your PS2)

THese are the hadware you need to have
    1) Swap Magic DVD 2.0
    2) Swap Magic CD v 3.2
    3) Slide Tool