1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do i buy

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by help12345, Jan 23, 2007.

1. help12345

help12345 Guest

im looking for a program that i can use to transfer folders from one computer to another. it cant be through usb cord because the computers are far away from eachother. i was goin to use an ftp program except i dont kno the username and password to my computer. i dont even though if i can ftp to another computer. can someone tell me where to either get a program like that or tell me how to find my username and password for my computer.

2. kateman

kateman Regular member

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  3. Molder

Molder Regular member

@kateman, I don't think that is the problem (not the way I read the post) The 4th sentence has me scratchin me noodle.

@help12345, What size are the files, you could burn them to CD, DVD or flash drive, hell you could use a 3.5 floppy if the file/folder is small enough.

If you want to ftp you will need a crossover cable long enough to reach both PC's.

M

4. kateman

kateman Regular member

@ Molder: help12345 said this;

i was just doing his second question on the last sentance

5. td1ddy

td1ddy Member

well, my best bet would be to use a chat program such as AIM, ICQ,MSN...they allow you to transfer files, and it's fairly fast too...last time I used it I was getting....100 kbs a second, depending on each of your connections....also, try searching a program called PC to PC ..i think thats the name....same concept....or both of you get ares...find each other..and pick the files you want to share....ares is a open source P2P btw, which you can get at sourceforge.net.....k buddah?

6. kateman

kateman Regular member

@td1ddy. pfft, y ares? its stupid. i have it, i know. anywho, most p2p networks watch what stuff is loaded onto it so if its copyright they might get caught. and if its personal, then other might download it.

anywho, nothing will work until he gets his password back