1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do i do with _DUMMY_.BIN

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by danny2004, Jan 30, 2005.

1. danny2004

danny2004 Member

this is th name of the patch that i need to put on to CDr so that i can run my back up of Sonic Hero's, i attempted burning with alchol 120% but it wouldnt let me select the file because of its type BIN.

anyone got any suggestions as how i can make this file go onto CDr as an 'image'

thanks

2. witton

witton Regular member

its not as simple as burning patch to a cdr you have to break the game down using isobuster then you will see a dummy bin file in the game,this has to be replaced with the dummy bin from swapmagicfix,then you recreate an image and burn that.
    its much easier to exploit the memory card then this botts same back up as youve done before,i have done both methods trust me.
    do a search on this site for memcard exploit theres lots of guides

3. danny2004

danny2004 Member

hello thanks, i have done a search and tried to make one of these memcard exploits but have had no joy, i got to the part when it has installed on the memory card and then i dont know what to do next

can you help?
    i need sum1 to explain it in dumb terms lol

thanks