1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do i gotta do?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by quiksix, Aug 12, 2007.

1. quiksix

quiksix Member

i have a TA-082 and i have downgraded before. and i have some games that require me to upgrade to 3.3 or later? and it wont let me. how do i play these games? is there anyway i can upgrade it

2. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

What firmware are you on at the moment?

The reason it won't let you upgrade is because of coding in the firmware and your motherboard, Sony made it that downgraded TA-082's can't upgrade past official 3.11 (As in you'll get stuck there, with no way to go) If you're 3.03 or below, then you can still downgrade back to 1.50 and up to custom firmware, if you are already past 3.03 then there is nothing you can do, Team Noobz is trying to make a key cleaner which will fix the problem and let you upgrade, other than that, you are stuck.

3. quiksix

quiksix Member

im at 2.80. so whats the next step to downgrade and get where i need to be? thanks for the feedback

4. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Okay, because you have a TA-082 you'll have to upgrade to 3.03 and get yourself an original unpatched version of GTA: Liberty City Stories, and unfortunately they are very hard to come by now (you can tell by looking at the code at the bottom of the side of the box, if it says ULES-00151 it's unpatched).

After you have found an unpatched version, get the downgrader from here and follow this downgrade guide.