1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I need to copy ps2 games (help me)!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jasonb23, May 27, 2003.

1. jasonb23

jasonb23 Guest

I run windows xp pro ,I have a cd writer only , the software i am using is nero buring rom ver.5, I am trying to back up my ps2 games to my hard drive but when i insert the disc into the cd writer drive nero cant detect the disc. Could someone please tell me what i need to do ,do i need diferent software or hardware or both .Does anyone out there have clear proven formula on how to copy ps2 games that works .thanks jason

2. shopchris

shopchris Member

Make sure you put cd base game on your cd drive, if your games blue on bottom it's mean cd base, so you can burn with your cd-writer, if silver on bottom it's mean dvd base, you can't burn with your cd-writer, you need dvd-writer. you can use ClonedCd for cd base games and Recordnow Max for dvd base games.

3. jasonb23

jasonb23 Guest

thanks 4 ur reply......i tried using all different kinds of cd's (ps2 and dvd ) with black , blue bottoms , still my cd writer cant detect any cd's in the drive. Do i need a dvd rom to read ps2 games and dvd movies as well. someone told me i need a dvd rom and cd writer to copy dvd and ps2 .is this right ....unsure...very confused please can someone tell me exactly what software and hardware i need to copy ps2 and dvd movies ,,,,,,i only have a cd writer is this enough?????? thanks jason

4. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Search the forum.