1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do i need to do

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by dbobola22, Jan 31, 2007.

1. dbobola22

dbobola22 Member

Hey guys,

I figured after posting on the EA Forums and getting no replies in 2 days, I should test my luck here. I am currently trying to play NFL Head Coach and it keeps freezing at the same exact spot every time and I have to restart my computer. (If anyone has the game, its right when I get my first job offers to choose from).

My laptop that I play on meets all the requirements with plenty to spare so I am wondering what can cause this? Could it be I need to update my drivers (if so can someone tell me how to find right ones)? Another problem in reading the 'readme' file that came with it said that having any programs running in the background including antivirus software can cause the game to freeze. I have disabled my anti-virus and I tried closing out all my programs but I wonder (not that computer savvy) but on most programs if I hit exit/quit the program closes out but doesnt stop running, correct? I know if it do the ctr-alt-del thing it shows all the processes still running.

Am I looking to deep into this problem now or can someone help me, as there is no patch for this fix either and after searching for hours there doesn't seem to be anyone with the same problems.

thanks so much for the help in advance, or ANY comments even telling me I make no sense, Atleast I know you took the time to read this and potentially help, lol.

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

I am not familiar with your game. But, one of the usual reasons for a game to freeze up relates to the video card. Especially on laptops. Laptop video cards are strange critters.

Anyway, check for the latest drivers for your card on the manufacturer's website support. Also, go to the official webbsite for the game. Under the game's requirements section; you should find a LIST of supported video cards. If your card is NOT on the supported list you are going to have problems.

Not on the list means your card is NOT supported. The game can run erratically, freeze, or not run at all. If this is your situation, the best course of action is to get a supported card or seek advice help from the game maker.