1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do the colors mean that come out when you boot up with swapmagic

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by thedemek1, Dec 19, 2004.

1. thedemek1

thedemek1 Guest

what do the colors mean that come up in the background after pressing X to boot up your back up? ive only gotten red and blue...what do they mean? please help asap

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

blue = good
    red = bad

3. Thweet

Thweet Member

sometimes i get green before blue, like it flashes green then blue then loads? and now with my failed attempts of disc ID UTILITY it goes PINK. not red but pink, extra confusing, any ideas?

4. Rusty2

Rusty2 Member

green means that there could be something wrong but it will try to load it but it doesnt know if it can. usually it can but...pink is like red.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2004
  5. thedemek1

thedemek1 Guest

my background came out blue but it didnt load. why didnt it?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2004
  6. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

green means it is bad media and it wont boot up the game. it tells u this at mod-chip

7. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

look it up and your'e find it on there

8. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what game is it?

9. thedemek1

thedemek1 Guest

its capcom fighting evolution.

10. kluver

kluver Member

According to swapmagic3's website, here's the ans:

Q. What does the Swap Magic Colors mean?
    A. When inserting a backup, the Swap Magic software starts to read the disc. The Swap Magic software uses colors to tell you if something is wrong, and if everything is OK.

Blue: The backups is OK, and ready to boot. The game should work - if not, there is simply no way to play that particular game using the Slide-Tool. You will properly need a Magic 3.1 mod chip to play that game.

Red: Swap Magic cannot read the disc, there is no way this disc is ever going to play. The most common problem is the use of bad quality CD-R or DVD-R media. Try a more expensive brand like Verbatim Data-Life. More common is the game not having been backed up properly. You need to use a different method, different software, different CD/DVD writer etc. Look in popular PS2 Forums for help making backups.

Green: The backups is OK, but Swap Magic is having trouble reading/understanding the disc but goes ahead anyway. If the game plays, then ok.. If not, the most common problem is simply the use of bad quality CD-R or DVD-R media. Copy the backup to a better disc, and it should work. This is a general problem with all backup solutions. People are not using good quality media.

Hope that helps.

11. dumbshit

dumbshit Member

i get the damn pink border....people tell me that they use memorew and it works fine but then some say buy better why is that?

12. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

memorex sucks for ps2 games.

13. Thweet

Thweet Member

God it annoys me how some dvd-rs just dont work. If it sais 4.7GB it should work with any data. seems they all work with dvd movies but only sum work with ps2. theres so many cheap brands but none work. im in new zealand and dvd-rs are $4 each.
    I have a ridiculous amount of failed back ups. god bless TDK and Mitsibishi brands tho!

Cheers for the info Kluver

14. Ya_Boi

Ya_Boi Member

this is why i just perfer to run from a hard drive...much easier.