1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do you do for games?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Z_A_X, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Z_A_X

Z_A_X Regular member

hi i was just wondering if anyone uses gamefly or any of those online game rental services because theres a lot of games i want to play but dont necessarily want to own them, and i dont want to rent them over and over until i beat them. so give me your input. rent, online service or buy (btw if you buy them your are flippin rich because games are expensive lol)

2. user473

user473 Regular member

lol well you got to own them before you can make a backup copy ..other wise its illegal

3. user473

user473 Regular member

sorry misread that....yeah gamefly is pretty good it has this thing called fast return when you return your game the post office notifys them and they send you your next game before they get theres back

4. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

i goto the grocery store and rent my games for $1.87 for 7nights to try them out, or i just buy them.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

Online rental is probably your best bet. Game rentals are expensive at about $8 for the 5 day rental, plus of course the gas of running back and forth from the store.

With Gamefly you and not locked into any sort of contract, you get to keep it until you want to return it, you can purchase it if you like it and want to keep it all for $22.95 a month. Which is less then 3 game rentals at Blockbuster. So if you get 2 games, keep them for a while then get two mre that month it would be well worth it.
    I actually though about it myself but i have Blockbuster online for my movies so i get 2 free game rentals a month already. Then the few i actually like i buy either new or get a used copy.

6. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Go with Gamefly,I signed up about 8 days ago.Rented Madden took 2 days to get to my house,sent it back out and now their sending me Bioshock.The first month is 8.95,after that its only 15.95(one game out at a time).It saves you alot of money instead of renting at Blockbuster for like $10 a game.Its a great service :D

7. Z_A_X

Z_A_X Regular member

yeah i was thinking about gamefly i think i might just go with that

8. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

i heard gamefly is really slow to get your games.

9. Z_A_X

Z_A_X Regular member

actually i have also heard that i wonder why... ok new question: what games do you guys recommend? i beat gears of war today (awesome game) and now i need something new to play. i was thinking bioshock but what else?

10. steimy

steimy Active member

Depends what you like. There are a lot of good 360 games like:
    Rainbow Six Vegas
    Tiger Woods 07
    Forza 2
    Vampire Rain
    F.E.A.R.
    Call Of Duty 2 & 3
    Condemned
    Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
    Dirt
    Dead Or Alive 4
    Splintercell Double Agent
    Lost PLanet i have heard is good
    The Darkness i have heard good things about
    Saints Row was alright
    Dead Rising is alright

and quite a few others. Really depends on your personal taste. Look at some games, read some reveiws and narrow it down a bit.

11. Mehtevas

Mehtevas Regular member

So the thread starter asks, What do I do for games?

I rescue all the under 18 years of age runaway girls I can find. Usually a good reward out for them. Best place to start looking - Las Vegas Blvd.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  12. bailey07

bailey07 Regular member

Is there any good rental services for the UK? I would like to rent games at a good price but i looked on the gamefly site and it's only in USA.Any help would be much appreciated.