1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you love & hate about the country where you live?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by pulsar, Nov 8, 2004.

1. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I am not sure about that, GrandpaBW. You can get "kaboomed" for lots of things!!!

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

GrandpaBW, i think the powers to be will excuse you this time

3. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

bassrider-" hey hick, have you lived in NZ?".

Umm no i have not. Why would I?

bassrider-"There's no soul there".

No "soul" huh? Damn, dude, for someone who hates us so much you sure do copy our sayings and sports a lot.

bassrider-"Everyone bags USA coz its a joke".

I bet you didn't say that while you were here. LOL. I picture you as being all quiet and humble. You know what? I'm done with this whole conversation, guy. If you want to talk crap about a whole country you go right on ahead. I'll say what i've ever seen of NZ (on the television) it looks like a beautiful country. Very nice countryside. Other then that i don't really hear much about it. Anyway, you're the champ, have a nice life. Bye.

4. haymarket

haymarket Regular member

There's alot of sheep in New Zealand! Actually 40 million sheep, 10 million cows and 1.5 million deer.

That compares well to the population of 4.1 Million people - that is 10 sheep, 2 cows and half a deer each.

Won't get hungry then.

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i wonder if bestiality is big...

6. fkock

fkock Regular member

[bold]beacuse it's freeking cold....[/bold]

+15 'C / 59 'F
    This is as warm as it gets in Finland, so we'll start here. People in Spain wear winter-coats and gloves. The Finns are out in the sun,getting a tan.

+10 'C / 50 'F
    The French are trying in vain to start their central heating. The Finns plant flowers in their gardens.

+5 'C / 41 'F
    Italian cars won't start, The Finns are cruising in cabriolets.

0 'C / 32 'F
    Distilled water freezes. The water in Vantaa river (in Finland) gets a little thicker.

-5 'C / 23 'F
    People in California almost freeze to death. The Finns have their final barbecue before winter.

-10 'C / 14 'F
    The Brits start the heat in their houses. The Finns start using long sleeves.

-20 'C / -4 'F
    The Aussies flee from Mallorca. The Finns end their Midsummer celebrations. Autumn is here.

-30 'C / -22 'F
    People in Greece die from the cold and disappear from the face of the earth. The Finns start drying their laundry indoors.

-40 'C / -40 'F
    Paris starts cracking in the cold. The Finns stand in line at the hotdog stands.

-50 'C / -58 'F
    Polar bears start evacuating the North Pole. The Finnish army postpones their winter survival training awaiting real winter weather.

-60 'C / -76 'F
    Korvatunturi (the home for Santa Claus) freezes. The Finns rent a movie and stay indoors.

-70 'C / -94 'F
    The false Santa moves south. The Finns get frustrated since they can't store their Kossu (Koskenkorva vodka) outdoors. The Finnish army goes out on winter survival training.

-183 'C / -297.4 'F
    Microbes in food don't survive. The Finnish cows complain that the farmers' hands are cold.

-273 'C / -459.4 'F
    ALL atom-based movent halts. The Finns start saying "Perkele, it's cold outside today."

-300 'C / -508 'F
    Hell freezes over, Finland wins the Eurovision Song Contest

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

ROTFLMAO

8. pulsar

pulsar Active member

LMFAO!!

9. haymarket

haymarket Regular member

Ok - you've lost me what is

10. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

ROTFLMAO = Rolling On The Floor Laughing My @ss Off

LMFAO = Laughing My F**king @ss Off

Damn acronyms, need a dictionary just to use the internet...LOL!

I have a bunch more if you want to know the rest...

11. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

In USA

Love- the ability to have many choices in all aspects of society...

Hate- societies indecisiviness and neediness

12. haymarket

haymarket Regular member

And I thought English has more words in it that any other language, now I need to learn all these Acronyms to understand what you guys are saying.

IFC

My own Acronym - I'm F** confused.

13. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

why do you think there is more words in the english language because we keep adding/making more!!

14. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Damn..we like add new words like everyday...just the other day the word "wedgie" is going to be put in the dictionary....

15. haymarket

haymarket Regular member

Well its taken 30 years, we use to give "Wedgies" also known as "Melvins" - though I don't know why - 30 years ago when I was at school.

16. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Guess they took a poll ;)

17. regor

regor Regular member

and now the girls (some boys) wear thongs so they always have a wedgie going on... in fact miss 'brit' and miss 'usa' in zippyd's earlier 2-25-05 post are both wedged out... miss 'usa' is even trying her best to fill out her wedgie even more...

Did you notice the girl sitting across from miss 'usa' isn't even willing to show her face? it's that bad! Go figure!

and all the while "oh so young and pretty" miss 'brit' is sitting there with her tight shirt, her lean tummy and her bosoms pushed out (and up) like two firm one-eyed potatoes. <grin grin grin>

That zippyd... he'll do it to you every time!

"like two firm one-eyed potatoes"... whoa nellie!!!

18. haymarket

haymarket Regular member

OK

In order for me to give a considered opinion of Miss USA & UK, I need to see these pics. Can you point me in the right direction?

19. regor

regor Regular member

most certainly... they are on page 'one' of this thread, the very one you are on, this one, "What do you love & hate about the country where you live?" about 2/3rd or 3/4 down the page... you can't miss miss 'usa' <g>

it's a post by zippyd date 2-25-05. She's rather eye catching... that one is.

20. haymarket

haymarket Regular member

Oh - you meant that one - I had seen it, but not made the connection - to late at night - should have been asleep and all that.

It reminds me of a wedgie story from Jethro. Jethro is a Country Comedian from Cornwall UK. Very Blue and very funny http://www.jethro.co.uk/videos.htm

He tells a story, which I will try to convey - you must remember this is told with a country ooh arr accent.

I was in my shop the other day when my mate Denzil Penberthy came in with a Black Eye!

I said Denzil, why have got a black eye?

He said, well I was in Church on Sunday and the vicar stood up and said hymn 59.

So I stands up and the woman in front stands up and she had a hungry arse. Her dress was down the back of her knickers.

So I leans forward and pull it out. She turned round and punched me in the eye!

I told Denzil, I said Denzil, you shouldn't be playing with ladies knickers, thats rude, you mustn't do that.

The following week Denzil comes in my shop and he has two black eyes.

I says Denzil, what you been doin? You got two black eyes! I hope you haven't been playing with ladies knickers again.

He says, well, well you'll never guess what happened. I was in Church with my mate on Sunday and the Vicar stood up and said hymn number 112.

So I stands up and my mate stands up and blow me if that lady in front from last week stands up and she still had a hungry arse. Her dress was down the back of her knickers.

So my mate leans forward and pulls her dress out of her knickers.

Well I knew she liked it there, so I leant forward and put it back!

Well she turned round and hit me in the other f** eye!