1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you use?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by zodiac66, Jun 18, 2004.

1. zodiac66

zodiac66 Member

What do you use to backup your movies?

Most of the time I just use Nero to backup my movies with no problem. Occasionaly I will use DVD Shrink if the movie does not fit on one disk-that's it, that easy. The quality of my backups I think are awesome. Is there anything better (in regards to video quality) out there? I thank this site for the knowledge and help it has given me.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

DVD Decrypter
    DVD Shrink
    DVD Stripper
    SmartRipper
    DVD43
    Nero 6 Ultra (Recode 2)
    Orlogix RecordNow DX

And a whole lotta Riteks :)

3. colw

colw Active member

A simple workable combination for successful ripping, encoding and burning is:

DVD Shrink and Nero
    DVD Decrypter is also useful for burning ISO files.

Have not as yet experienced any problems with this suite other than a couple of faulty originals

4. Tony216

Tony216 Guest

IM NOT SURE HOW YOU GUYS BURN DVD'S BECAUSE I GOT AN HP DVD WRITER AND AN HP COMPUTER AND I USE NERO BUT I GET A MESSEGE SAYING THAT THE DVD IS PROTECTED AND THAT I CANT BURN IT. NOW WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO I TRIED 3 DIFFERENT PROGRAMS AND I GET THE SAME MESSEGE PLEASE HELP!!!

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Cool it with the all caps, alright?

These three programs you've tried, were any of them listed in my post above?

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

First unlock your caps button :) ...then you can give us a lil more information. What software are you using, and what are your steps? Could you also post your system specs? Thanks

7. PDR60

PDR60 Guest

I use DVD::Rip in Linux