1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does 'Current Visible Partition' mean for XBOX 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by pedge76, May 4, 2007.

1. pedge76

pedge76 Member

Each time I try and backup Brian Lara Cricket 2007 I receive the following error message “Unable to determine the current visible partition”. I click OK, and it say’s “Read fail”.
    I've looked at the disc and it isn't too bad, I've seen much worse and they have backed up.
    Anyone any ideas?
    Oh, by the way, I successfully created a backup of Rainbow Six Vegas before trying this, so I know the equipment etc is OK. Not tested yet though.
    Is it just a case of a crappy disc?

2. 5c4ry_0p

5c4ry_0p Member

download the latest version of xbox backup creator.I had that same error when i tried to back up games,but then i downloaded the newest version,worked like a charm.

3. pedge76

pedge76 Member

I'm using V2.3 - is this not the latest?

4. cman675

cman675 Member

nah 2.5, but 2.4 is supposed to be the most stable. so you should probably use that.

5. optimus21

optimus21 Guest

Hi,

I've tried in vain to back up my copy of Ricky Ponting Cricket 2007 (Brian Lara equivilant in Australia), i've ripped my hair out, made mulitple coasters and still nothing!!! and not to mention the dreaded 'unable to determine current visable partition' I have researched forums and threads but can't nack it... I've used Wabashman's advise, re unlock drive to 6.81gb and bk up current partition SS, PFI and DMI files, i've attempted to merge using ssmerger1.7 but it basically makes straight away and when i burn with clone or imgburn yes you guessed it a coaster... i'm using XboxBkup 2.5 the newest version, but still no go... it also now says "this is not a 1 to 1 copy of the image"... I'm really getting annoyed with it, and using all my spare time to work out, i think my wife will divorce me soon!! (one could hope) I would really appreciate any step by step guide to assist me... I've made back ups in the past ok, but nothing new of late, its now doing it for my new copy of Spidy3....
    Regards

6. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

k well first get xbox back up creator 2.4 or 2.4 i prefer 2.4
    now on some newer games the old xbox back up creator b4 version 2.4 so i am on bout version 2.3 couldnt read the discs thats why u got the visibale partition error but 2.4 was created to read em cuz the way the game are
    now just go to 2.4 unlock drive and it should be ok if that doesnt work
    well then go download iso buster and right click on the dvd andselect (extract from to). once that is done use xbox back up creator 2.4 or 2.5 to get the ss pfi and dmi and load up all 4 including the iso u made earlier into ss merger. ss merger will merge the lot will take abit of time though mate but make sureu load up all 4 the iso the ss the pfi and dmi in the correct order

7. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

xbox back up creator 2.5 will say this is not a 1 to 1 copy it says it on mine but has neva let me down
    some discs might not look that bad but odnt work its just the way it is
    when u load up ss merger and u say it does it straight away r u loading up the correct size iso in it too
    if it is correct it will tell u if not it will say