1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does Flash mean ?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by NHOJ, Sep 5, 2004.

1. NHOJ

NHOJ Member

I hear some people mention flash.What is that.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi there, Was passing through when I saw your question. I don't hang out in the games sections but I think I can answer this for you. Flashing(as in firmware) is the same as installing a small program or set of instructions to a piece of hardware like a Burner drive. These instructions are stored on the hardware and won't change unless you flash it again with a newer set of instructions. The firmware tells the hardware how to work properly. Hope this is what you were looking for.

Jerry

3. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Yes jerry you are completely right.

If you dont flash the modchip then it simply wont know what to do and wont work.

4. NHOJ

NHOJ Member

I had this chip put in about 6 to 8 Months ago.So do you think i need to flash this chip?So am i right by say'n that the chip can't keep up with the new games so it needs to have new instructions so that it can? Thank you very much for the help.Can you recomend a flash program.O" if so were will the program be stored?on the memory card? and i know my ps2 has a browser but i seen something about upates.Can you help with this also.Thank you.