1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does that mean if i don't have - VTS_01_0.VOB?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by tomq, Sep 28, 2003.

1. tomq

tomq Member

I'm following instructions Split a DVD to 2 DVD-Rs over @ doom9.org.
    At the step wehre it says:"As written before you must now add the first titleset to both discs. In our case that's VTS_01_0.VOB, VTS_01_0.IFO and VTS_01_0.BUP. since VTS_01_1.VOB is small I put in on both discs too but normally you would put extras on one disc only. Then you have to distribute the extras (VTS_03 - VTS_07) over the two discs.
    I put all these files on the 2nd disc"

I can't find the one file VTS_01_0.VOB, but all others are there. Original DVD doesn't have the file either.

I also do not know how to destinguish the titleset file...
    please help - i feel stupid, since this is my 3rd attemt to split or back-up Final_destionation2 movie, i tried, DVDFab, i tried Shrink and now ifoedt... i wasted already like 5 dvds :(((

2. mlongoh

mlongoh Member

If I'm not mistaken, the file VTS_01_0.VOB is actually the menu movie file. For each title set, the video that plays (and loops) when the menu is displayed is always contained in VTS_XX_0.VOB file. For title set 01, the file is VTS_01_0.VOB, for title set 02 it is VTS_02_0.VOB, and so on. Often you may find that a title set has a menu file, but no real menu, it's blank or empty. This just means that there's no menu for that title set (despite the existence of the file).

3. tomq

tomq Member

thanks a bunch for clarifying!!!!