1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does this mean in DVD Decrypter?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Synthetix, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Synthetix

Synthetix Regular member

When you click on VERIFY AFTER WRITE option while DVD Decrypter is burning the blank media, does this mean it checks for errors after the backup is complete?

Also, before clicking the "write" (looks like play button) on DVD Decrypter, it has 2 options, TEST MODE and VERIFY. What are these, and what is the difference between this VERIFY option and the "VERIFY AFTER WRITE" option?

This is what I got on my log when I clicked "VERIFY AFTER WRITE"

I 01:22:22 Operation Started!
    I 01:22:22 Source Device: [1:1:0] HP DVD Writer 640c ES04 (E:) (ATA)
    I 01:22:22 Source Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: TYG01) (Speeds: 4x)
    I 01:22:22 Verifying Sectors...
    I 01:31:48 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:09:26
    I 01:31:48 Average Verify Rate: 7,889 KB/s (5.7x) - Maximum Verify Rate: 11,379 KB/s (8.2x)

Does this mean I didn't have any errors? Thanx!

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Indeed, verify does mean it checks for errors.

Test mode does the complete operation without actually burning the information to disc, basically checking that the information from your source is an acceptable standard/format and structure and that there are no 'bad' data in there.

The verify function will compare the burned result to the actual source to make sure they both match up, if there are any discrepencies then I would assume it is having trouble reading the disc/data has not been burned correctly.

The log you posted, states that it managed to verify the data at an average/max read rate.
    This tells you that it encountered no errors, which tells you that your dvdrom can in fact read that disc, however this not mean your standalone will read it fine, just that it appears not to have any errors on it.....................

3. Synthetix

Synthetix Regular member

4. baabaa

baabaa Active member

No problems...............

If you locate a solid branded media, that works flawlessly, then you only really require to use the verify function for a short while until you get the process nailed.

When you are more confident with your process, using verifying functions become needless.
    But is always a good way to convince yourself you have a good burn should you require proof.

[bold]Welcome to Afterdawn[/bold]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005