1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does this mean???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by wuzzbert, Nov 3, 2003.

1. wuzzbert

wuzzbert Member

Below is a portion of a nero burning guide:

"Nero is only capable of burning pre-authored DVD-Video VOB-files. What it means is that you cannot add MPEG-2 video files to the DVD disc in Nero. You have to use a separate authoring software to produce the content to be burned. The folder, you want to burn, should have a couple of .BUP and .IFO files, and a bunch of 1GB .VOB files"

Here are my questions:
    (1)What seperate authoring software do I need to produce the files I need?

(2) Am I right in thinking this authoring software will convert MPEG-2 into .BUP, .IFO and .VOB files automatically for me?

(3) Will it convert other formats to what I need (I.E If it is a .mpeg or .avi file

Cheers

2. Cute

Cute Guest

hi, you will need and authoring program like ulead moviefactory or the fastest i have come across is sonic mydvd although menus etc are limited

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

What are you trying to burn? Home movies, dvds, etc?

4. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

TMPGEnc DVD Author
    It is not the most sophisticated authoring program available, but is very easy to use. Just input your DVD compliant MPEG2 files, make a menu, and export to a VIDEO_TS folder. You now have a DVD title-set that contains all of the IFO, BUP, and VOB files that you need.

Burn the VIDEO_TS folder with Nero and your all set. Here is a simple, step-by-step guide:

http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/tmpgenc_dvd_author.htm

BTW: This program does not convert AVI or non-standard MPEG files to the DVD format. You need TMPGEnc Plus to do the actual format conversion.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2003