1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what does you computer look like?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by djscoop, Feb 9, 2005.

1. djscoop

djscoop Active member

As a sequel to Pop_Smith's thread, we all saw what our desktops look like, so now how about our computers?

I like my case cause its aluminum and has inlet/exhaust fans to keep my HDs nice and cool.

[​IMG]

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

mine is just a standard atx desktop case as i don't like towers with a modified front end for usb ports, extra 3 1/2 internal bay & extra fans, 9 total

3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

yeah I could really care less what mine actually looks like, I just like it cause it keeps my HDs really cool. I think it has seven fans though, so it is pretty noisy. I hate the fan on top with colored LEDs. Lame in my opinion. I've been meaning to take it out and put a regular one in there...

4. ddp

do you have 2 ups's on left side of picture

5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

the small one of top is a 500 watt UPS, which gives about 5 minutes to shut everything down, and the big one underneath is a power conditioner, to make sure the proper voltage level is obtained at all times. A little overkill, but I got both for free, so why not use them

6. ddp

freebie is good as they say in monster garage

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Here goes,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. djscoop

djscoop Active member

very nice Neph!
    I see that your case has the same kind of inlet fans as mine, to run right over the veritcally stacked HDs. That was the primary reason I bought my case. That bastard cost me over $100, psu not included.
    How much power do those cold cathode tubes consume? I've always been a little wary about putting high voltage devices in my box.

9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Thank you sir :)

The cathodes don't take much power so one or two won't have much impact at all. I love brushed aluminum and I definitely like the fans pulling air over the hard drives so that's why I went with my Lian Li 60. I modded the front of mine by opening up every other inlet hole in front of the fans. In stock form all the inlet holes were the size of the small ones but I wanted more airflow and to snazz it up a bit. I used a Unibit for it and any modder who doesn't know what one is is missing out :)

Here's a before and after,

[​IMG]

10. djscoop

djscoop Active member

yeah that looks nice. I'm suprised how small the stock wholes are. My case has square holes, and they look about the size of the larger ones you made. I know what you're talking about though...I've used those router bits many times. They are definately a time saver.

I also like how your case has a little door to cover the front ports. I have to constantly clean mine, cause the open USB and firwire ports constantly get filled with dirt and dog hair.