1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what drive am i better off with samsung or hitachi?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by nel26, May 15, 2007.

1. nel26

nel26 Guest

i just bought a 360 havent opened it yet. but i was hoping it would be the samsung cause from what i hear its easier to modd. and games dont have to be stealth patched to play again so i hear. can anyone confirm any of this? and would i have to stealth patch every game if i do have a hitachi?

2. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

the stealth thing works for all and go to xbox 360 faq stikied for which one is better i wrote this thing there to lazy for rewrite it.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

correct, the Samsung drive has the slight advantage at the moment and they seem to be releasing firmware more often for it.
    The Samsung will stealth patch so you do not have to do that manually, it can also read a DVD5 (single layer) back up. Two things the Hitachi can not do. Also did do not have to be booktyped with the Samsung drive, although if your burner can do it then i would anyway.

4. bazthegun

bazthegun Member

i have one of each (both modded) and i find the sammy works better with cheaper media so you don't have to fork out a fortune for verbs all the time.

5. moonslash

moonslash Regular member

Doesnt the hitachi makes scratches on dvd?
    Or was that samsung i think mine makes scratches..
    Scared to play oblivion xD (borrowed it from a friend)
    Btw which Stance is better for your xbox
    Horizontal? vertical?

6. bazthegun

bazthegun Member

both of mine have always been Horizontal and i've never had a cratched disc yet