1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What DVD Burner to buy....?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by QuenteK25, Mar 15, 2007.

1. QuenteK25

QuenteK25 Member

Ok, I just got my xbox 360 and will be getting it modded soon so that I can play backup copies of my games so my others don't get damaged.

I don't have a DVD burner, but am looking to get one so that I can burn my own copies of my games rather than paying someone else to do it.

I have ZERO DVD burning experience, this is where I need your help.

I assume Nero will work as far as software goes, and I'm running Windows XP on my computer.

What specifics do I need to look for in a DVD burner (external) to make sure it will burn games correctly for my 360. I'd also like one that will work for copying my movies as well.

Nieces and nephews are over too often and they always get into the games/dvd's. They seem to like the shiny stuff, and something is bound to get broken!

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

any burner that supports dual layer burning is all you need...

3. QuenteK25

QuenteK25 Member

Well that's nice and simple thanks.

Are there Dual layer and single layer burnable DVD's too? Just so I know what to look for.

4. pstamer

pstamer Guest

Yes there is single layer media and dual layer media. For xbox 360 games you will need dual layered dvds. Go with verbatims. In terms of a burner, I would go with either a Plextor or Liteon. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2007
  5. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

@pstamer

Hi!Can you please confirm specifically which model for Plextor works for backing up xbox360 games?Is there any chance that the PX-760A is among the one you're suggesting?

Thanks.

Vincent.

6. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

i have heard some good things about that drive your talking about, never for use with 360 games but i heard it is a reliable burner

7. pstamer

pstamer Guest

Pretty much any Plextor will due; as long as it burns DL DVD+r. They are very durable, long lasting, versatile burners.

8. pstamer

pstamer Guest

The Model you have will do fine. You actually have an advantage with your burner because it's known for burning DL DVD+R discs at a higher speed than the average burner. Just stay away from that Roxio software if you're already using Nero.

Sorry for double posting guys.

9. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Stay away from Roxio period. Hell I even stay away from Nero.

10. pstamer

pstamer Guest

He's got a point there. There are other good burning progs. out there. If you want to take the free route try Imgburn; it's great and even better it's free.

11. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

and if imgburn doesnt want to work, try xbox backup creator, i love it

12. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

the cheap and confirmed and working one that never screws up is the pioneer dvr 111D!

and get dual layer verbatim or risk wasting money on a media that doesn't work.

13. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

14. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2007