1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What DVD Burner?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Yaguchi, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Yaguchi

Yaguchi Regular member

I have a Sony DVDR burner and it doesn't work with Memorex. My Burner came with the computer Sony Vaio RZ24G. I like to know what DVDR work with it. I already wasted 30 buy buying Memorex DVDR and couldn't return it since it's been opened.

2. Twista

Twista Member

Just because your DVD burner came with a sony vaio, doesn't mean that it is a sony. Almost 100% of the time none of the parts in a branded PC are really of the manufacturer, usually only the case is made by them (trust me, I build computers). All of the parts in the inside are made from other brands. Like my sister's vaio PC, the DVD-ROM drive isn't sony but a pioneer. Check your system info in system tools and you should be able to find the make of your DVD burner. If this doesn't work, try going to my computer in your start menu (all assuming that you have windows) and right click that drive and hit properties. And as a last resort... open your PC up and remove the DVD-burner and look on the top of it... the brand should be there. This was the only way i found out my CD-burner on my old compaq was a philips.

Oh yeah most importantly, check which format of burner you have and the format of you memorex blank DVDs. If your burner is a -R/RW, then it won't be able to burn +R/RW media and vise versa. But if you have a dual format burner -+R/-+RW then maybe you have two conflicting brands.

P.S. Hey anyone reading this, do you know how to type the - and + on top of each other?

3. Yaguchi

Yaguchi Regular member

Yea I checked already it's a Sony DW-U12A DVD-+R/RW

4. brad1102

brad1102 Guest

I have a DW-U10A and it has to be one of the best out there. And yes - I burn Memorex all the time to.

Firstly - stay away from t he Memorex for PS2 backups and stick with Verbatim: you will prolong the life of your laser optic in your console.

Secondly, if you really need help with this burining - you are not using the right software I'm thinkning - private me and a brother might hook you up

5. Yaguchi

Yaguchi Regular member

I'm using nero ver 6.0 it work with other blue disc games but haven't tried with Memorex disc but I would just burn an image when I try to make a data disc of files that I have