1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what dvd Burning programs are your favorites?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by stonecld, Jan 8, 2005.

1. stonecld

stonecld Member

So far Dvd shrink and Nero and CloneDvd2 and Any Dvd are great tried 1click crap and dvd cloner crap weak what programs do u guys use and like?

2. ozy

ozy Regular member

I agree 100%. clonedvd2, anydvd, dvd decrypter and dvdshrink. Burning with recordnow max.

3. wild77

wild77 Guest

I use DVD Decrypter ver.3.5.2.0 to rip DVD Shrink or Nero Recode to compress/encode and Decrypter or Nero to burn.I find myself using Recode more often because of the options and ability to encode/burn.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter are the best 2 FREE programs out there. If you don't mind spending a few bucks then CloneDVD2 working with AnyDVD are the best, also my first choice.

Jerry

5. kyrainman

kyrainman Guest

I have used several different programs to backup DVD's. About a year ago started out with DvdXcopy. I had varying degrees of success with it. Then I discovered DVD Decryptor/DVD Shrink. I used it for several months but found problems with it also. For one, if want to split a long movie onto 2 DVD's using Re-author you lose the menu's. If you want to copy a TV series DVD you will get questionable quality due to the amouth of data to be coppied. Many publishers put ove 3 hours of material on each dvd. The same goes for DVD Decryptor/Nero 6. Then I tried DVD Decryptor/TMPGEnc DVD Author for TV series DVD's. It works great but it is labor intensive.

Then I discovered [bold]CloneDVD 2[/bold]/AnyDVD. This is a very elegant piece of software. You can easily copy any DVD and get great quality. I have compared the results with DVD Shrink and I cannot see any difference on my 36 inch Toshiba TV. You can also easily do the following:

1. Copy any DVD
    2. Split any DVD onto 2 DVD's
    3. Copy a multi-episode(TV series) DVD onto 2 DVD AND retain the menu's on both DVD's.

[bold]ClondDVD 2 is VERY fast! At least twice as fast as anything else I've tried![/bold]

I have friends and relatives who have gone the DVD Decryptor/DVD Shrink route and have ALL switched to Clone DVD 2.

One thing I always do when burning the DVD is to set the burn speed one click lower than the DVD's rated speed. In other words if the blank DVD is rated at 8X, I burn it at 6X. For 4X I use 2-2.4X. This way I ensure that my DVD will play in any of my three DVD players. I have Sony, JVC and Philips. They also play in my Xbox.

The choice is yours. If you're looking for ease, simplicity and great quality CloneDVD 2 is the way to go.

Good luck!

6. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

i also used to use dvd x copy . i had some problems with it but in the end i got it to work . after exploring other dvd burning software and trying different programs i came to the conclusion that i paid way too much for dvd x copy . the problems that came with the software were not worth the money in my opinion . so after dvd x copy went under i started looking for some thing else . that is where im at today with my dvd backups .
    i give my vote for anydvd and clonedvd2 . i also use nero recode2 . these programs have always worked better than dvd x copy ever did for me and no where near the cost of dvd x copy . there is a sucker born every minute and i feel like that sucker now for buying dvd x copy . i plan to give dvd shrink a try in the near future just see how it is . i hope this one doesnt play out like the dvd x copy software did meaning i hope i dont feel like i got suckered again . i dont think thats going happen as anydvd and clonedvd2 are both excellent software !

7. Ludikhris

Ludikhris Guest

The platinum combo

DVD Decryptor
    SHRINK DVD
    NERO

I have not hit a DVD i cant backup yet.

Ludikhris

8. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I have nero, shrink & Platinum RF & ripper. RF does it for me every time! AnyDvd is tops.

9. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Recordnow for sure, simple, reliable and flawless...............

10. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

for me its dvd shrink, dvd 43 v3 something, dvd decrypter, and nero. excellent quality, easy to use, mostly free

11. wild77

wild77 Guest

DVD Shrink and Nero Recode were written by the same person.I also used Platinum but thanks to all of it's problems I found this great site and software.There are still plenty of suckers buying that outdated & overpriced software.Shrink on the other hand has worked great for me and you can not beat the price!!! I have been thinking about trying AnyDVD & Clone DVD2.I think I will hold off a while and see what happens with dual layer media prices seeeing that Decrypter does dual layer copies.[bold]One thing is for sure let's all hope that the movie industry does not decide to sue all the makers of these programs due to there greed![/bold]

12. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

dvddecrypter
    Dvd2one
    CopytoDVD

13. flx2000

flx2000 Member

i officially only use anydvd and clonedvd now
    shrink with nero and decrypter when i had issues. was my fav, however after the whole re2 thing i can truely say anydvd 4.4 and clonedvd2 do it for me.

perfect burns every time.

14. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

I currently use DVD Shrink And Nero. I have no problems with anything. I used to use DVD X copy platinum, and I didnt like it and it was a mistake to buy, Luckily I still had the reciept and was able to return it with the excuse that the company went under and it no longer works.

I am thinking of switching to clone dvd 2 because lately I been hearing so many good things about it.

15. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I learned the virtues of RecordNow early on from Sir Baabaa - it is a very reliable burning app. That said, my current favorite is DVD Shrink and Copy To DVD - another solid and reliable burning app. CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD get an occasional workout as well :)

16. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I used to use DVD X Copy Platinum, then I ran into software conflict issues. It got to be a real pain in the ass, now I use DVD Shrink with Nero, and DVD Decrypter for PS2 games and those new movies with that new encryption. Much happier now, DVD Shrink has many more options than X Copy did, movies come out with much better quality, and it's FREE, which beats the $100 I spent on Platinum before I knew anything about what I was doing.

17. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

DVD Shrink
    DVD Decryptor for the odd puppy who won't play ball
    Nero to manually do the burn

Absolutely no need for anything else at this point. When first began dipping toes into all things DVD related, came across Shrink, it's free so was able to spend time trying it, found it to be brilliant. Being free is a bonus - the most important thing is it's stable, and just works. Then discovered Decryptor, again, brilliant. Have been a fan of Nero for couple of years. Used to be a fan of Easy CD Creator back in the version 3 or 4 days, but when version 5 platinum came out and bombed, became a Nero addict, never looked back

18. Lreed

Lreed Guest

I bought DVDXcopy when it first came out and it does the job for me but I just didn't like the splash screen that comes up every time I play the DVD. I'm now using "DVDFab Express" and I couldn't be happier. It does a great job and no "DVD Backup" at the beginning of the movie.

19. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

The question is a bit to broad for me to give a single answer.

1. I've I'm simply copying/backuping up a dvd, I use DVD Decrypter to rip it to the hardrive, and Roxio Easy DVD Copy to burn it. The latter has shrink capabilities built into it if I need to use them.

2. If I'm creating a dvd "from scratch" -- say home movie clips or other avi/mpeg sources -- I use NeroVision Express to burn the project.

20. gazoo

gazoo Guest

DVD SHRINK AND NERO ARE JUST GREAT PLAN TO TRY DVD-DECRIPTER AFTER ALL THE HYPE FROM YOU FOLKS OUT THERE WILL LET YOU KNOW MY RESULTS SOON