1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What DVD Medea Brand do they use to make Original DVD Movies?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by SamSakola, Jun 8, 2007.

1. SamSakola

SamSakola Member

I have tried many DVD brands to copy movies. Most of them offerred great quality. My only question is...

How come all the original DVD movie's surface look and feel different from any DVD brand that I use? For instance, my DVD surfaces have light blue color but most orginal DVD surfaces have gold or siver color. Also, the original one feel thicker or stronger.

Can anyone please explain this to me.

2. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Okay there is a simple answer to your question! commercial produced -dvd's {movies,Games ,Software ect... 1 are normally Pressed/stamped in a process similar to music cd's And Vinyl records ! therefore your quest to use the same media they do isn't going to happen! as they are not burning dvd's or cd's as you are doing! if you are using good media & getting the desired results you don't have a problem ? Happy burning Ciao!

3. SamSakola

SamSakola Member

Thanks for the prompt and helpful answer. I'm just gonna have to learn to live with the "Cheap Look" on my blue color, huh?

4. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Well I suppose you could look at that way ! But considering that you normally only see the underside of your media for maybe a nanosecond ! I don't see your problem ? If you want dvd's that look just like The commercially made ones then Just play your original disc ! If you want a silvery /platinum /gold surface on the underside of your disc & you want to make them yourself ! You could either make DVX Vcd's & or Make Regular VCD's copy's of your original disc bearing in mind that you are loosing quality by doing so and will most likely have to split your movie into 2 or more sections depending on length ! I would'nt bother myself but that is a possibly option ! It's like buying a car that needs premium Hi Octane Gas and putting Regular in the tank ! it may work but it won't work properly ! Regardless Good luck ^ happy Burning !

5. SamSakola

SamSakola Member

Thanks for your suggestion. All I wanted to know was simple. What DVD brands should I buy to get the same quality as original disc? Obviously there is no match. Thanks just the same.

6. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Tiayo Yuden(mostly online only)
    or
    Verbatims(everywhere)

7. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

300bowler- no argument there ! excellent advice!!!

8. SamSakola

SamSakola Member

Thanks, I like them both, Taiyo and Verbatim. Does anyone know where to get good prices for these brands?

9. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

depending where you live

SupermediaStore.com (my favorite)
    Rima.com
    Newegg.com
    Meritline.com

10. pstamer

pstamer Guest

Maybe try www.supermediastore.com. They have some great specials most of the time.

11. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

SamSakola- The retailers the other members mentioned are quite good so it's all in catching a sale either at one of the local reatilers or online ! Verbatims go onsale at bestbuy every couple of weeks to get Taiyo Yudens you can either Hunt for Made in japan Sony's Or Fuji's Good luck finding either Though you may have some luck finding sony MIj the Fuji are rarer then hen's teeth ! Or order Taiyo yudens online ! again sales are common & try to get Free shipping if you can & again good luck

12. SamSakola

SamSakola Member

You Guys are wonderful. Thanks for all your help. I will start shopping for Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim as you suggested.