1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what dvd-r barnds are good

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by XNikoX, Mar 30, 2005.

1. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

can someone give me a list of dvd-r brands that are good for PS2

2. XhyDra

XhyDra Member

XNikoX

Hey what's up, the media that worked perfectly was TDK 8x DVD-R (TTG02). If you live in the states you can get a 50pc spindle on sale for $19.99 at Best Buy untill saturday =).

3. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

verbatim datalifeplus, Taiyo Yuden, Philips, and HP are good brands.

4. kingjake

kingjake Guest

Ritek and Maxell are good also.

5. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

Oh no!!! Not another media debate. Before certain people see this forum and begin a huge battle, let me just throw my 2 cents in. Is there a difference in media. Yes I would say so. Taiyo Yuden media...which you can buy online most places or under the Fuji brand name is the established king. I would say go with that above all others. Anything that says "made in japan" means it is excellent media. Now, what about the many others that are out there. Memorex is widely regqrded by many as garbage. I have had good expierneces with it but it seems to be just me. There is some rules to dvd burning that I would suggest one follows.
    1. Burn your media at 4x! Never faster. This will statistically eliminate the chance of errors.
    2. Treat your media with care.
    3. Store it in a good place. No extremes of hot and cold. That will take years off the shelf life of the media.
    4. Play your disks in a new dvd player that is rated to play the media you use. Such as a player that plays dvd-r or +. The Philips DVP 642 is the best on the market right no

6. abx

abx Guest

I have to agree, Taiyo Yuden is the best but a little bit more $$$$$.