1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What DVD+/-RW is recommended for burning CD-Rs

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by nuke235, Nov 30, 2004.

1. nuke235

nuke235 Member

Ok, I am building a new computer, and want to put in a DVD-RW. I don't own many movies, so I have very little interest in burning movies, but I would want the DVD-RW to back up games.

I have been reading about, some ppl say the Plextor DVD burners are good, others seem to have issues, and others say that DVD burners really don't do well against SD or SR.

So, my question, given my desire for a DVD-RW (sure, I guess I could just get a CDRW, but I wanted to be able to use DVD-R for backing up personal files) to be able to back up games, what models will work best overall?

I realize there is no one perfect answer.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this shoulda been in the DVD forum, but I felt given I would be burning mostly CDRs, this was more appropriate.

nuke235

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

For backing up protected PC games one can do no better than the Plextor PX-708A or PX-712A. I've made wonderful working copies of both current version of SafeDisc and ScuROM with my 708A. The prices for both are extremely low right now.

I've also heard that the Lite-On 4xx and 8xx series have been very good at PC games as well :)

3. nuke235

nuke235 Member

Ok, great thanks! ;)

I assume the Plex would work with CloneCD for burning CDRs? I use CCD5 most of the time.

4. Nephilim

Absolutely :)

5. nuke235

nuke235 Member

Great. Thanks. I have used CCD for some time. I dled the trial A120, but CCD is so much more simpler.

6. Nephilim

Aye. I'm a die-hard BlindWrite fan myself :)