1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What else should i buy with my ps3?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by caliph, Nov 19, 2007.

1. caliph

caliph Guest

Hey everyone im about to buy a 40GB ps3. I wanted to know what accessories should i buy with it? Since me and my brother are going to be using it, I probably will be playing multiplayer games like resistance, nba 2k8....but besides those what else is there? Also, would I be eligble for the 5 free blue ray movies? i will be playing on an hdtv btw.

Thanks

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Ya you will be eligible for the 5 Free Blu-ray movies! What you have to do for that, is find the coupon (you can find it online somewhere), and select the movies that you want! You then have to send in the Actual UPC from the System (you will have to cut it off the box), and also send a copy of your Receipt! As long as it was purchased between November and January 31, 2008 you should be good!

3. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

3 almost nessities,

1.) mic, bluetooth or usb whatevers your preferance.
    2.) hdmi or component cables for the hdtv, depending on what inputs ur tv has, if it has hdmi definitely get the hdmi cable over the component.
    3.)usb keyboard, or even go for a wireless mouse and keyboard set.

Hope that helps.

4. caliph

caliph Guest

hmm interesting........but what about for charging my controllers? any sort of charge station or charging wire i should have? also, hows the browser on the ps3? any good or is it a bit rough like the psp one?

5. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

You dont need a charging station or anything the controller uses any old micro-usb cord to charge (They come with everything these days cameras phones etc. look around the house you probly have a few alreddy). The Browser has been fixed up a bit compared to the psp version and with the usb keyboard its pretty much as good a a browser on a computer.

6. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

When you get your PS3, I would format the HDD before you have any saves or anything like that! I say this because, you can do a Custom Format, where you can allot 10GB to another OS! With this, you can install Linux on the PS3, and make it a computer! The 10GB is used for the install, and the left over (30GB) will be used for the PS3! I would recommend you do that!

Also, I would get a Blu-ray DVD Remote! It would be way better then having my Controller just laying on my bed!

7. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Yes. If you are planning on installing an other OS or are thinking about it you should custom format it BEFORE you have to delete all of your demo's and re-download them. It's a pain in the ass downloading all of them again after formatting.

8. caliph

caliph Guest

9. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

It isn't illegal. The people who made Linux made a free version for PS3. And there's a guide for installing Ubuntu at the top, it's a sticky. There's also Yellow Dog.