1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what exactly is the benefit to having a flip top w/ swap magic?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by jaystarr1, Dec 2, 2004.

1. jaystarr1

jaystarr1 Member

i am trying to put my roms on cd-r/ dvd-r, am i correct in believing that having a flip top w/ swap magic will allow me to play those disc on my ps2?

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

the swapmagic/fliptop combo will allow you to play backup and import ps2 games

3. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

I rather use the slide tool, only cost 8 dollars but work great. ALso save you the trouble of opening the case. Jeez

4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

the thing about the fliptop is it takes minutes to switch tops and then it eliminates the need to do the slide every single time you load a backup.

5. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

mine takes 30 secs to slide n load. And i think you also need to reslide or reflip everytime you reload your back up.

6. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

i always used the slide method in the past anyway. You're right its not too long or hard to do, but opening the fliptop and inserting your disk is easier, and safer.

Using the slidecard, you could always break the peg off if you're not careful or paying attention. Especially if you have friends that use it, I've learned that people don't care if its not theirs, so I made it clear nobody touches that thing except for me, hehe.

7. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

what is the peg, i suspect it must be pretty big right. And i use it very carefully i don't think it will break.
    And if it breaks, does it mean ur screwed? forever? or you can still load the dvd by the eject button but not the swapping method anymore?

8. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

The peg is a thin, small plastic peg. I believe that it allows the tray to slide along the track properly while opening and closing the tray. Also, i think it moves the laser out of the way when opening the tray, and back in place when it closes.