1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What exactly is UMDSSS ????

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by lucifa666, Mar 1, 2007.

1. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

is UMDSSS a program 4 your pc to drag and drop psp stuff from psp to pc and back to psp mem stick? Help confused!!! And if it is where can i get it from as i cant find out much about it on google!!!

2. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

it's for mounting the UMD Drive over usb as a removable disk, it allows u to rip UMD's by copying and pasting basically.

3. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

any idea where to get it from , or the right volume so i can look it up? come on im desprate!!!!!

4. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

5. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

been there done that, couldnt find it, Shit this is annoying its not on limewire or ares i just cant get it!!!

6. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Remember, we have 10 year olds browsing these forums. Next time you use french, use french (s*** = merde).

EDIT- http://search.platformaonline.com/R...36&SelfSearch=1&Name=Google+Torrents&q=umdsss click through the sites at the top.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  7. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

u dont look on limewire for PSP related things, you dont look on limewire for ANYTHING! Littered with tons of viruses and you're look if the file you download is actually the one u were searching for in the first place.
    psp-hacks.com

EDIT:
    USB SSS = USB Special System Storage....if you dont know what USB means it is Universal Serial Bus.

8. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Actually, I disagree. Heres what you do;
    1. Search for what you want, such as "they killed kenny".
    2. Look through the craploads of crap marking the junk as junk.
    3. Once you find what you actually want, if you do, download it.
    4. Using a crapload of virus, trojen, etc. scanners, search it over and over and over and over and over...

9. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Um that's reckless and careless....viruses are designed to be not detected.....what happens in the event of a brand new virus...or someone with no AV...or someone with outdated virus definitions. What about the scripts, macros, anything else malicious, browser hijacks, backdoors, bugs, adware, malware. Did you factor in that? Haha you do know MPAA, RIAA like to watch p2p such as limewire, bearshare, basically any P2P program right?

Dont use any P2P, you wont find much homebrew. Go to psp-hacks.com / qj.net for homebrew.............torrent sites for psp games.

10. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Well I agree with not using it for stuff like homebrew, but I havent had a problem with catching any viruses. And that was kinda a joke, which was indicated by "and over and over and over". Then again, thats the risk with using that kind of stuff. I personally reinstall my OS fairily often so I dont have much of a problem. If I do get a virus, I just reinstall the OS :p

11. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Yeah i use to run more then one AV and more then one spyware/malware checker.........got rid of all my p2p and started using mozilla. practically No pop-ups and I dont run an AV anymore (i need all the RAM i can get :D)

12. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

I have 640 RAM which is really low nowadays.

13. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Yeah i know how it is I only have a gig of pc3200 and it sux, I need atleast 2GB's for what I do.

14. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Ya, Maya starts slow and dont even get me started on Photoshop... And after those two programs more RAM or anything for that matter is unaffordable.

15. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

talk about the problem at hand not how s@#t your pc is. I like ares as a p2p app. and iv never got a vires from limewire, maby as i keep my software up to date. this thred is about any info on UMDSSS come on!!!!!!!!