1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What file system are the games formatted to?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Wyattspop, May 2, 2012.

1. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Hey Masters of the Universe,
    I just finished a Wii Mod and Homebrew install w/ Loader etc and all went perfectly thanks to you, my friends.
    I wanted to do some file arranging (adding and deleting games) in the 320 Gig Passport HDD that holds my backup Wii games and I don't know how to open the contents of the HDD. The trouble is I paid someone to back-up all my games long ago, I don't know what file system he used. On the 1st Wii he modded for me, he used WBFS Manager and I'm easily able to access that HDD, but I tried to launch this HDD in WBFS, no luck (and yes, I chose the correct drive letter).
    If it's useful, I'm doing this on a Win Vista PC, but I have a Win 7 too. When I plug in the HDD via USB it does recognize the drive, but I can't open the contents (not password protected). When I check "properties" all it says under file type is UDF and strangly shows just 614 Mb, all in use, this holds 320 GB as I said
    Any help would so be appreciated, I'm near the finish line after months of trying..

2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

3. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Thanks, well that's ironic, it brags about UDF being this all-in-one accepts everything file format, and I can't open it! Still can't work this out, I've got lots of games I can load up in my Wii at will, but can't open the flippin HDD to see what's on it or to work with the files...

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  4. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

Wiibackupmanager - your files are on as wbfs formatted drive

5. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

he said wbfs manager wont open it up, god knows

6. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

You are absolutely correct! Thank you, I tried to find it via WBFS and forgot to check the backup manager, very kind of you to reply to what was probably a no-brainer (I have one that doesn't work very well with computer programs which is worse than no brain at all (-;/

7. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Hey TongPo, c'est moi!, I'd forgotten to check under the "manager"

8. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

sorry been on holiday and pc packed in, I know i had some emails regarding things but it all packed up as well as a 2tb externall had to format all

9. adamjohnsons

adamjohnsons Member

Recently, I have also face almost same kind of problems Where I plug in the HDD via USB it does recognize the drive which I insert. Thanks for discussing this topic in this thread.