1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What files need to be downloaded to install a game?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by angelo33, Mar 24, 2003.

1. angelo33

angelo33 Guest

I believe many people have this same question.

When I want to download a game from kazaa or any other p2p program, what files do I need to download. For instance, I downloaded this file: Icewind.Dale.II.CD2.FairLight.ShareReactor.bin.exe. Is this the file I need for the game or am I suppose to download another file? I don't undertand why it has "bin.exe" at the end of it, it cant be both. I understand that I am suppose to burn this file to a cd, but what steps am I suppose to take to acheive this. Am I suppose to download a cue file, or a nfo file? Also, is there a web site strictly for downloading and burning these files to cds?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

downloading games is piracy unless you own an original of the game so make sure you do before you download. You remove the .exe extension. get the nfo and cue. in nero click file - burn image and load the cue file and it will burn it for you. since this is a pirated game there should be a crack or something on the cd. details would be in the nfo so change .nfo to .txt and open it and read up. you shouldnt need the serials because you'd already own the game you're downloading, if you dont own it, dont download it!

3. angelo33

angelo33 Guest

I am a bit confused. When I burn the image, it will automatically create a nfo and a cue file for me?

4. Liquid86

Liquid86 Guest

You need to have a bin file and a cue file. What you do is in Nero under 'file' select "burn image", you then open the cue file through the window that opens up. The cue file will tell nero how to read the .bin file automatically and create a perfect image of the cd. The info file (.nfo) will tell you how to run the game after it is installed, this file should be in the original file you got off of the internet...LOOK FOR IT, and yes, if you don't own this game, delete the file and go out and buy it...you're lookin for trouble if you don't own it.

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member