1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what folder do the ripped wma songs go to?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by jayb222, Nov 2, 2003.

1. jayb222

jayb222 Member

I can't get to my main xbox menu. I tried to put the old one back but evox just loads another evox. weird. I also tried changing the .ini file but no luck. Anyway, I just need that menu to rip music into games. I figure I can add it myself from ftp if I knew what folder to put them in. Also, what bit rate do I rip the wma files so that xbox can read them? thanks in advance.

2. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

If you've backed up drive C and E of your XBOX you should your original MS Dashboard somewhere in the backup of the drive C. It's called something like msdash.xbe or something like this... copy it over the file on your xbox and then from evolution X it should work when you select MS Dashboard

3. jayb222

jayb222 Member

thanks for the reply, but that didn't answer my question. Can anyone tell me what folder to put the wma files and what bit rate? Also can anyone pm me a working regular xbox menu file (xboxdash.xbe)? Or at least tell me where I can get one. What size is the original dash supposed to be? I have one that's 656.kb and an msxboxdash.xbe that's 155.kb. I backed up my HDD but the one I have seems to be another evox menu. Please help.