1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what free software to delete ads from avi without audio sync errors ?

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by auto1234, Nov 27, 2014.

1. auto1234

auto1234 Member

I tried Virtualdub and Video to video to delete commercials from a movie that I recorded from TV. When I play the movie , the audio sync is out and the lips and sound effects do not match the audio sync. is there a free software that can do this without audio sync errors ?

2. attar

attar Senior member

No, the problem isn't with VirtualDub, it's the nature of the transport stream being broadcast.
    I find some channels worse than others.
    What I do is play the output from VirtualDub using MPC or VLC and use the appropriate keys to note the value that brings it back into sync (In MPC it's the '+' or '-' on the number pad; in VLC use the 'j' or 'k' keys').
    Re-open the avi in VirtualDub and click 'Video' > 'Direct stream copy', then 'Audio' > 'Interleaving..' and insert the delay (negative or positive) in the lower 'Audio skew correction' box.
    Play & scrub through to verify the correction and save the video.
    The odd time there is an obvious glitch in the recorded signal and at that point subsequent audio is out of sync - that's when it gets slightly trickier to fix.