1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What FW do I need to run homebrew?...help :(

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Blahs, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Blahs

Blahs Member

This is gonna be slightly long, so bear with me...

I've been to a lot of sites, but they all just give little bits and pieces of information, so I thought I'd just ask:

How do I play homebrew games on my PSP? Specifically PS1 games. Now before you all get "it's illegal" and "we'll ban you from the forum", I actually own the games, its just that i want to play them on the PSP.

My PSP FW is 2.81 and the motherboard that IC1003 thingy...i believe it the TA-82, or something.

Lots of sites just say that if you have that combination of motherboard and FW, you cant do it and you just have to wait, while others say that it is possible by upgrading or downgrading the firmware, but then they start talking about bricking the psp and stuff.

I'm am a complete noob at this whole psp thing, so any help (detailed would be nice) would be great!

What do I need to do?

2. staxx

staxx Regular member

Alright Blahs...

To answer your question, you'll need to upgrade to 3.03 oe-c to be able to play psx games on your psp and other homebrew/backup games.

You'll need to rent or purchase an unpatched copy of GTA:LCS (Yes, you need the umd itself) to be able to downgrade your psp to 1.50. You can tell that its unpatched by looking at the copyright date. If it says copyright 2005 on the back its unpatched, copyright 2006 means its patched. Also it will say on your psp menu Game update ver 2.00.

Anyways follow these steps in order...
    1.downgrade your psp to 1.50 (use the link in my sig 3.03 to 1.5)
    2.upgrade your psp to 3.03 oe-c (link in my signature again)

Once you have done this you may play your psx games by placing the eboot and keys into a folder with the title of your game and placing that folder inside of your game folder.
    example... x:\PSP\GAME\FF7\eboot and keys

feel free to pm me or just post back here for extra help.

3. Blahs

Blahs Member

Thank u,Thank u,Thank u,Thank u !!!!

Now all I need to do is find a GTA game somewhere.

4. Blahs

Blahs Member

Finally, i found a GTA copy that was unpatched. Everything worked fine, so thanx for your help!

now i really have a multi platform gaming device!