1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What games can you play on the custom firmwares?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by nhar068, Jun 26, 2007.

1. nhar068

nhar068 Member

(Im sorry im a n00b ive been trying to read the tutorials and other threads but im getting really confused)

I have recently purchased a japanese PSP that has version 1.5 firmware on it.

I have seen that the custom firmware 3.40 OE-A has been released. I want to play .iso and .cso files (that I may or may not have downloaded lol). If I upgraded to this custom firmware what do I need to do to play the following games -

GTA - Liberty City Stories
    GTA - Vice City Stories
    Tenchu: Time of Assassins
    Burnout Legends
    Ridge Racer
    Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
    Ace Combat X
    Test Drive Unlimited
    Burnout Dominator
    Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
    SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Fireteam Bravo
    OutRun 2006 Coast 2 Coast
    Sid Meiers: Pirates!
    Need for Speed Carbon: Own the City

Do I need to upgrade this version and then use DevHook to downgrade to the firmware to the firmware the individual game was supposed to be played on?

EDIT!
    I have since read certain threads a bit closer and it seems that once I upgrade to 3.40OE-A all I need to do is create a ISO folder in the root directory of the Memory Stick then I just drag and drop the above .iso's into this directory and play them from the menu. Correct? Also I need to have the power cable attached when I upgrade the firmware don't I? I also don't need to set my kernel to version 1.5 do I because it should already be on version 1.5?

Im sorry if this question is stupid but I really did try to read the tutorials and stickied threads first I just ended up very confused

Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  2. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

You can play ALL games from OE. Just place the iso's in the ISO foler.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/500493
    Run this winstaller first, it'll get you to 3.40OE in about 3 mins.

Format your memory stick with the psp, it'll create all the right folders for you. Place all your iso's/cso's in the ISO folder.

Insert any game UMD (region doesn't matter)

Go to your main menu, under games to go memory stick, select the game you wanna play and run.

3. nhar068

nhar068 Member

thanks alot black vamp i really appreciate your help.

About my other question, do you need to have the power adaptor in when you install the new custom firmware? Also do you need to set the kernel to 1.5 before installing the custom firmware?

Thanks

4. Ce_Yu_Pe

Ce_Yu_Pe Regular member

You need your battery at 75% or more before you run the 340oeflasher. (I plug in my charger just to be safe)=]

5. nhar068

nhar068 Member

Does it need to be a game UMD that you install when you want to play the iso/cso or can you put in a movie UMD?

Also I have read about the "No Umd" option for playing games does this come with the custom firmware? Does it work for most games?

6. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

You don't need umd to upgrade, only to run iso's. You should have a game umd for most compatibility. The demo umd that came with a lot of psp's also works. No-umd let's you play some games in case you don't have a game umd, but well more that half of all games won't work with it turned on.

7. nhar068

nhar068 Member

Ok thanks blackvamp for clearing that up