1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what gets you banned from xbox live?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by dutch1985, Oct 29, 2007.

1. dutch1985

dutch1985 Guest

is it the old extreme firmware or non stealth patched games that gets you banned?

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

M$ detects you by when you put a Burned Game in the system! They detect that and then they ban you for it...

3. steimy

steimy Active member

could be both really. No one can give you a 100% sure answer. So your best bet is to ALWAYS use stealth backups and update your firmware to the newest version whenever there is an update you can have.

4. dutch1985

dutch1985 Guest

thanks for the advice.getting banned is the price i pay for playing backups i suppose.

5. theridges

theridges Guest

as far as i have experienced its from booting a non stealth back-up right now M$ cannot detect modified firmware because i played originals with 5.2 for a while there untill ixtreme was released.....
    so for now aslong as you used stealth back-ups and the newest Firmware you should be okay.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

when i first started out i knew nothing about stealth because people were not getting banned and i can say i played them online with 5.2 for months. I no longer do that of course but it does not really prove that non-stealth games will get you banned. All most people have is theories and by all means they should follow them just to be on the safer side. But when MS wants to ban you they will have no problems finding a way around Ixtreme or stealth patching.