1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What gives the best quality on full disc backups, DVD+R DL?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Nihilist2, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Nihilist2

Nihilist2 Member

I currently use AnyDVD, with IMGBurn to build and write the image to DL DVDs. Wondering if there is anything else I should try to get better image quality on full backups, no compression, on DL discs. Or is what I am using going to produce about the same results as anything else?

Thanks.

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

no compression means you will get the original quality of the DVD .... the software you are using is to rip and burn..... that's perfectly fine.... if your copy of the DVD is working then it is the best quality you can get! Period! can't get better than that.

3. Nihilist2

Nihilist2 Member

Okay, that's good to know. So if I am doing the entire disc, with no compression, the tools don't really matter? Just wondered if certain tools did a better job than others. If you are saying all are equal in my situation, then I will continue with what I have. Thanks!

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

well....no compression is the best and ImgBurn is a great burning software...... so use any program to rip full DVD (I personally like RipIt4Me for ripping) soooooo no compression is the best.