1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Guides Would You Like To See?

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by vurbal, Jan 11, 2007.

1. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I was going to post a blog about my trip to Los Angeles but since I couldn't find a picture of the bar I spent hours in drinking Guinness, I decided that instead of handing out my usual turd shaped nuggets of wisdom in my blog I'd try to find out what Afterdawn members would like to have help with. I have several guides in the works. I already plan to do updated guides for DVDReMake and AviSynth, as well as a series on DVD-Lab Pro 1.6, another on Nero, and at least one guide each for VideoReDo and CopyToDVD. Eventually I'll probably be looking at trial versions of some other software to write guides for.

It would be nice if the members here would list programs or processes they'd like to have a guide for now or would have liked to have had one for when they first came here. I have it under good authority that there will be a lot of additions in the near future so speak up and help shape Afterdawn's content. If it's something digital video or general CD/DVD backup related and either I have the software or I can get a fully functional trial I may write a guide myself. If I don't, someone else may decide to write a guide for you. And don't forget you can submit your own guides.

2. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

a guide on how to upload images to afterdawn,in our posts.

3. matt72

matt72 Regular member

Hi,

A guide on using virtualdub mod for joining two avi files would be a great selection. Autogk would be another software which could come in handy as alot of members (new and old) have made inquiries on converting ripped dvd files to avi. Also would like to see the option of downloading guides in a pdf format.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  4. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

as you mention Pdf.id like a guide showing how to print a pdf file.

5. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

how to make a dual boot system.

6. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Working on a post about dual booting for the Linux section.

@matt72 : the problem with AutoGK and GK is that they both use DvdDecrypter to rip the films, and since most guides here that mention means of ripping stuff have been censored...

7. matt72

matt72 Regular member

@Fiend,

I was leaning towards the actual use of the software for dvd files you already have on your hard drive. If they use ripit4me then no mention of decrypter would be necessary. Then again I may be reaching as with the Saw III threads :).

8. vurbal

I don't see a problem with guides for GK/AutoGK as long as there's no mention of decrypting. At some point I'd also like to do an MeGui guide.

9. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

Could I possibly make updates on creating DivX/XviD movies with either the original audio output or with MP3 at either file sizes of 700MB or 1.37GB? The guides as they are are pretty old for people who want to manually create the videos, and adding new editions like AviSynth w/ AVSEdit to the guide might prove useful.

Can we also make a guide for people on how to properly set up media players? A few that would be useful would be VLC and Media Player Classic. Many of the posts concerning video playback or just software problems come not being able to play back videos properly.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  10. vurbal

Since I'm joining the AD staff, guides are going to be a much higher priority for me now, so keep the suggestions coming. I won't make any promises regarding which guides I'm going to be working on - or when - but I will be following this thread closely.

11. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

I was thinking of personally updating the DVD to DivX guide, then send it in to the staff to see if they could post it up. Granted, I'm not even near the start of the guide, so it might take some time to compose, but I could do it in the near future if allowed.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  12. vurbal

If you (or anyone) wants to submit a guide you can do it here.

13. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Some new guides would be a nice addition IMO.. I may even get time to write one on [something]! Lol! :)

And cool, since when have you been Staff Vurbal? Didn't notice your transition from Mod to Staff (shoiws how much attention I pay, Lol)

14. vurbal

Sorry that information is only available on a need to know basis ;)

Actually it just happened yesterday so most people don't know yet.

15. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Hehe, ok then :)

And ah right.. congrats then =D

16. janrocks

janrocks Guest

About time vurbul..[​IMG] Some of us have been wondering how long it was going to take for people to notice your skills and put them to use.

Guides??.. we don't need any because we know everything there is to know about everything ever.. lol ;=)

[​IMG]

17. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

My congrats vurbal.

18. vurbal

Thanks!

19. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

20. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

Erm, this ones a hot potatoe. I dont want to see any particular guide, however I would like to see more PSP related guides. You know the basics (flashing themes, upgrading). It would just get the noobs off other AD'ers backs and would stop a lot of silly threads being created.

Just a thought ^_^

Regards,
    Est. 1991