1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHAT HAPPENED TO NERO (OR IS IT ME)

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by MAGRCHAOS, Jan 26, 2005.

1. MAGRCHAOS

MAGRCHAOS Member

I HAVE BEEN MAKING BACKUPS FOR A FEW YEARS NOW, WITH NO PROBLEMS, USING NERO AND DVDSHRINK. MONTHS AGO I UPDATED MY NERO, BUT MY BACKUPS WOULD NOT READ IN MY PIONEER DVD PLAYER AFTERWARDS. WHEN BURNING WITH DVDSHRINK MY BACKUPS DON'T PLAY IN THE PLAYER EIGHTHER, BECAUSE IT IS LINKED TO NERO. FOR SOME REASON WHEN I USED NERO RECODE, IT WORKED IN MY PLAYER. IV'E BEEN USING IT SINCE THEN, UNTIL RECENTLY WHEN I UPDATED NERO TO THE NEWEST VERSION. NERO RECODE IS NOW A LITTLE DIFFERENT, AND WILL NOT PLAY IN MY PLAYER. ANYBODY HAVE THIS HAPPEN OR HAVE SUGGESTIONS???

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Read the forum rules!! No all caps.

3. 448191

448191 Guest

You don't even need to read the rules to know not to use all caps, all you need is common sense. The question is a lot harder to read now.

What do you mean by "because it's linked with nero"? As for not playing in your standalone, have you changed to a diffrent dvd brand or type (+/-)? What player do you use?

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

You can use DVD Decrypter to burn and make DVD Shrink automatically open up Decrypter and burn it. Have you changed media since this problem of not being able to play your movies has occurred? If so, your media might be the problem. I've heard of other people having problems after updating Nero, so I don't update mine. It works fine as it is, so why mess with it.

5. MAGRCHAOS

MAGRCHAOS Member

I have plenty of common sense, this was my first post so excuse me. Thanks to those trying to be helpful, not scolding. I actually did buy tdk disks which I believe were a new type from the old version according to an update sheet enclosed in the spindle.
    The thing is I also have verbatim disks that I used before but these don't play eighther. I was just wondering if somehow nero configuration is different on newer versions. I use dvd-r, the player is a pioneer standalone thats supposed to play all media, and has previous to this.

6. delafoo

delafoo Guest

Nero, in my opinion, is one of the worst, thought some swear by it... they are purposely making their software more difficult to copy with.

There is a super basic program, 1ClickDVD that comes with an even better program called CopyToDVD SE.

I was having trouble with Nero and Roxio to begin with. Then, I couldn't find a program, for me, that would make copies of copies. Lastly, neither Nero nor Roxio would burn my saved TDF video files to disk. CopyToDVD SE does.

Worth looking into... though, I'm not sure about DVD decrypter, I've heard good things about it here on aftedawn forums.

7. MAGRCHAOS

MAGRCHAOS Member

Thanks, Ill try that. I've been using nero for years and I found it simple compared to some others I've tried. It also gave a good variety of options with nero vision,recode,express, etc.

8. chaotic42

chaotic42 Member

new version of nero is extremely easy to use, burning, re-encoding different titles at different compresions all really quick,. just won't touch a copy protected disc,.