1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to Suprnova.org?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by mickK, Nov 19, 2004.

1. mickK

mickK Regular member

Hey guys I was wondering if anybody could tell me what is going on with suprnova.org Mozilla times out when going to the site and IE says it doesn't exist.

2. Smorgan77

Smorgan77 Member

Dunno, it sometimes goes down for short periods, or it could be something more...permanent...

dun-DUN-DUN :(

3. Smorgan77

Smorgan77 Member

btw Suprnova is somewhat of a taboo on these boards I think.

4. mickK

mickK Regular member

if it is permanent I'm surprised it took this long to shut them down.

5. b.torrent

b.torrent Member

ive just been checking all the ip addresses that suprnova had reslved to on my system, and none of them work, its not just the url thats down like before, the servers themselves seem to have been taken down.

:(

6. b.torrent

b.torrent Member

I`ve just been informed that suprnova`s server was taken down until halflife 2 was removed, this has now been done and it should be up and running at 22.00 gmt :)

7. mickK

mickK Regular member

/me wipes the sweat from his forehead, that was a close one

8. el_tigre

el_tigre Member

why would suprnova.org be taken down just because of half-life 2? of all the torrents they have on that site, i find it hard to believe valve (or whoever) was able to lean on them hard enough to force them to shut down the site, even if it is temporary. btw, as of 2 p.m. u.s. cst saturday, suprnova.org was still offline.

9. Smorgan77

Smorgan77 Member

I was thinking it would be more likely a result of Pressure from the movie industry end of things... but maybe that's to come later.

10. LadyTrek

LadyTrek Member

ALL==Thanks for the heads up-- I thought it was just my PC!
    Besides what is half-life 2 anyway???

11. psx245

psx245 Regular member

i have a feeling something bad will happen... could this be the end of suprnova.org?????????!!!!!!!!!!????????

12. Kefa7

Kefa7 Member

Thanx everyone. I was so worried that it might've been just my computer.... not I am REALLY worried that I won't see suprnova.org anymore. As of 5:43 a.m. U.S. Central Strandard Time, Sunday Nov. 21st, the site is still down.

13. squigley

squigley Guest

I still cant connect to suprnova.org normally as of 12:07 pm GMT but i did manage to connect to it using an old trick that i learned to bypass my old school server when it blocked websites. If you go to www.av.com and click on the translate link. Then if you type www.suprnova.org into the website url translation bar and click for it to translate from any language (eg french) to english it should work. At least it did for me. Hope this works for you guys, i did sign up just to post this. I have no idea why it worked, if anyoe has any idea perhaps they could tell me.

14. Mooksy

Mooksy Guest

This is taken directly from the suprnova website:

"SuprNova has not been accessable during last 24 hours. This is because of a server issue. We are working on the problem and are trying to fix it as fast as we can. That is why SuprNova is right now running on backup servers, meaning search is down and it might take a little longer for the site to load.

We are sorry for the trouble, but keep in mind that we are trying to fix the problem as fast as we can!"

15. scholezy

scholezy Member

hi peeps, i just found out that the websites has been moved to www.suprnova.com and now u have to pay for ur downloads (RRRR BUGGA). can somebody tell me a site that is just as good as suprnova, for bit torrent downloads. im lost without it. cheers people

16. impact59

impact59 Member

scholezy,

Don't be fooled like no telling how many others. Suprnova.org is the only true site. Suprnova.com and Suprnova.net are scams to get your money. They make their sites look similar to the original, but suprnova would not charge you access to it's torrents. I had an email a few days ago that said suprnova.org would be off-line for a few days doing server maintenance. It is inconvient, but necessary!

17. scholezy

scholezy Member

ok kool, i hope it comes back soon, are there any other sites that are really good for downloading albums and movies?

18. el_tigre

el_tigre Member

i rather like torrentreactor.net, which doesn't require any sign-up. as for the ones that do require sign-up, i like to use 123torrents.com and elitetorrents.org. abctorrents.com is also a good one, but they are down for a few days for maintenance.

19. el_tigre

el_tigre Member

i rather like torrentreactor.net, which doesn't require any sign-up. as for the ones that do require sign-up, i like to use 123torrents.com and elitetorrents.org. abctorrents.com is also a good one, but they are down for a few days for maintenance.

20. mclarenmp

mclarenmp Member