1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Happened to the Old Style fps?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by BurningAs, Jun 26, 2007.

1. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

Hey guys, im a hardcore 1st person shooter fan, but recently im getting really frustrated at almost every title. It seems somewhere along the line someone invented no health packs- all you have to do is sit around for awhile and you will be all good. what a stupid idea. and also you can only save at checkpoints- more stupid! I miss the old days of finding med packs and such.
    One thing i hate the most is at hard parts i havwe to do teh checkpoint like 20 times over and over and over again (cough COD3), what a fusking bore. and almost all fps games are like that now!

But i did find a very yunique and fun game: i recommand Prey: you never have to redo any points of the game because once you die, you play a minigame and it brings you back right where you died! its veyr fun fps too.

I want old style fps back!

2. Azrea1

Azrea1 Regular member

i think its the fact that the gameing community as a whole wanted more realestic games, so the majorty of fps kida shifted in that direction.

3. ekim512

ekim512 Guest

regenerating shields also and speed to the game ... also a sence of urgency if one keeps coming close to death ... another aspect other than speed is for realism ... it makes multiplayer more fair by still allowing groups to be more powerful than single players, allowing 1 - 1 combat equal afteronly a few seconds ... i dont know i like the change

4. CrisKahn2

CrisKahn2 Regular member

The last great fps that I can remember is Black...

Black 2 anytime soon?

5. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

good call. i was just playing that today. it's a good 'classic' style fps. Graphics are good, but you can still tell it's xbox1 game.

6. flowfast

flowfast Regular member

F.E.A.R. on hard. I found my self backtracking sometimes through half the lvl trying to find those medkits.

7. CrisKahn2

CrisKahn2 Regular member

FEAR is an OK game...not that great. It feels weird playing it, loose controls and weak physics. Plus gun shot sounds arent realistic.

Now that I think about it...Black may be the best fps Iv played.

8. flowfast

flowfast Regular member

yea Black was pretty good but you couldnt jump. for some reason that bothers me. let there be jumping

9. CrisKahn2

CrisKahn2 Regular member

Im looking foward to playing bioshock...hope its as good as I read on the mags.

10. cycon0

cycon0 Member

It find it extremely unnecessary to have huge crosshairs on FPS games. Though the worst is the Halo franchise, not only are the crosshairs huge, but some are just completely inaccurate while aiming. I like the simple "white dot" crosshair. Most FPS games I have played in the past bored me to death, because the stories were weak and a lot of missons/tasks are really repetitive.

Thats why im proud of playing multiplayer (with mods) of Soldier of Fortune 2.

11. flowfast

flowfast Regular member

Also shadowrun kicks ass. it might be lacking in games modes but there will be DLC to come for sure. I don't care about reviews

my shadowrun build:

Class: Troll
    hotkeys: grenade/or Gust to counter elves-smartlink-tree of life
    playing style: defensive and fire support
    weapon: minigun-smg

mowing down elf ninjas with the minigun.... priceless

my shadowrun tip of the day: the poor mans rpg

got a pesky troll or human running away from you? wish you had a rocket propelled grenade? here is a little trick, toss a frag in the direction he is headed and hit gust. watch as your frag rockets at your fow. hard to pull off but oh so rewarding

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007