1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Happened? Undo it

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by arthur brogard, Nov 28, 2015.

1. arthur brogard

arthur brogard Newbie

What happened?

I have had an account with Afterdawn for years, though perhaps I haven't used it in the last year.

Now the format has changed to something incredibly awful. What have you done? Ported away from phpBB? It's awful. I hate it.

And my account was gone. I had to re-register.. What happened? Got spammed to death or something? The whole thing died? Had to start again?

Well start again, again and go back to the old format.

:)

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what was your old user nic?

3. attar

attar Senior member

Whaaat? you don't appreciate the quality, value, style, service, selection, and convenience of the new setup?
    Check out the free admission, free appraisals, free alterations, free delivery, free estimates and the free home trial!
    Although some items are not available and some assembly is required - naturally some restrictions may apply.
    Remamber also that free demonstrations are included, and as always our friendly professional staff will be happy to assist and offer advice.

arthur brogard likes this.
  4. arthur brogard

arthur brogard Newbie

i was abrogard. had to sign up again. no memory of me at all. am I dreaming? are you going to tell me this IS the old afterdawn and it's never changed and blah, blah.... ?

5. ddp

188 posts, joined oct 18 2002, last post june 23 2015
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/search/845953/
    talk to site admin about resetting your password.
    site was changed june last year so don't know how you could of missed for a year that you have been using it.

6. arthur brogard

arthur brogard Newbie

site was changed last year? and my last post june 23 2015? and today i can't log in because the system says I don't exist? and proves it by letting me recreate that login?

how does that work out?

and why do I need to reset a password - i have an abrogard account now (again) with a working password?

wait a minute.. are you saying this account is not abrogard but ' arthur brogard ' ?

i will log out/in and find out.

Nope. all seems the same...

confusing. but who cares. i preferred the old format if you're taking a poll

but the main thing is the content, the members and their quality. that remains the same?

well okay.

still prefer the other though...

p.s. how's that grab you? 13 years a member.....

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  7. ddp

why do you have question marks thru out your posts as most are not questions? you most likely input the wrong password which is why you can't access your old account. also I have a backup account that I haven't used in a 4 years but it is still active. 11yrs for me with the highest post count on both sites.

8. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Holy balls. ddp, where did the thunder go???

9. ddp

no thunder here as just cold as it is about -7c right now.

10. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

It is -9c here right now. +16 degreesF, and dropping. (northern Minnesota)

11. arthur brogard

arthur brogard Newbie

cripes, what's that? You're idea of a welcome home?

I think I tried the forgot password thing and it told me it had no recollection of me. That's how I remember it. Bit vague but something along those lines.

Now your burning question:

site was changed last year?
    * means: is it true the site was changed last year?

and my last post june 23 2015?
    * means: is it true my last post was june 23 this year, as the post claimed?

and today i can't log in because the system says I don't exist?
    * means the system today says I don't exist (see above for my recollection of messages from the system) yet if the aforementioned are true then the system changed before June 23 - perhaps leading to me becoming non-existent in theory - and yet in June 23 I am existent again because I made a post and together these make a conundrum or a paradox which is frequently indicated in English by a question mark, because they beg explanation.

and proves it by letting me recreate that login?
    * means my supposed non-existence (which you deny claiming wrong password) is proven ordinarily on forums by the allowing of a 'new user' with that moniker and email address which again raises a question, a continuation of the previous.

how does that work out?
    * which mean how is that (all) explained?

and why do I need to reset a password - i have an abrogard account now (again) with a working password?
    * this means why do I need to reset a password if I already have a working account with a working password?

wait a minute.. are you saying this account is not abrogard but ' arthur brogard ' ?
    * this means are you saying this account is not my original account but is a completely different account as far as the code is concerned inasmuch as it is down as username: arthur brogard rather than abrogard?

i will log out/in and find out.
    * this is not a question. I indicate that by not putting a question mark here.

Nope. all seems the same...
    * this indicates I did log out and in and found everything to apparently be the same.

confusing. but who cares. i preferred the old format if you're taking a poll
    * this indicates I don't care much as long as things are working but I do prefer the old format if you are taking a poll.
    but the main thing is the content, the members and their quality. that remains the same?
    * this indicates a question regarding the content, the members - are they the same, substantially, as before?

well okay.
    * this indicates that if so then okay, I'm good (as you Americans say. )

* this indicates a smiley face meaning general happiness and pleasure and no desire to raise trivial issues nor objections nor make smart remarks nor waste time or space.

still prefer the other though...
    * this indicates a reiteration of the preceding preference with the inference, considering the foregoing smiley of some little humour. (humor, as you Americans would say).

p.s. how's that grab you? 13 years
    * this indicates a desire to have done with all that and change the subject.

I am sorry to have stressed you and will try to avoid it in future.

Congratulations on your many postings during your few years on the forum. I think I can see how you managed to run up such a tally.

regards,

ab

tongs007 likes this.
  12. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I would love seeing someone feel the thunder. Not me. :)

13. aldan

aldan Active member

me too.pita for sure.

14. ddp

I'm Canadian.

15. aldan

aldan Active member

hey d,thats I Am Canadian.lol

16. Mez

Mez Active member

Arthur, I am not sure why you feel you should be welcomed home as the hero. I don't like the new interface either but then I am a bit backward and was never asked about my opinion. I can say, my password was not effected by the upgrade. You must have forgotten your password. Just so you know, the password is stored in a database and has nothing to do with the interface. Since you claim the interface was changed this year and it was not your mind is either not remembering things correctly or is scrambling the facts. You are disturbed about things that shouldn't be disturbing and blame others for your mistakes. You should seek professional help. Thanks for the most interesting post in a few weeks!

tongs007 likes this.